Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Very impressive "News" type site!!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ninjarob

ninjarob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

I'd like to request iThemes to create and sell this site as a template because it is very CLEAN and not too busy.  I've seen numerous news & magazine sites, but this one (although it could be a custom site) is AWESOME!
I'm looking for something like this as a template to customize myself...Can anyone from iThemes comment on whether or not making this a Premium theme template is something you guys considered?
http://baptistmessenger.com/
Nyce work!!!!

#2 agp317

agp317

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationWest Mifflin, Pennsylvania USA

Posted 26 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

Looks to me like it was made with BUILDER -- I looked at the www.webdesign.com url and all his samples are iThemes patterns.
Now all you have to do is apply yourself and design it up for yourself.  With the "tabber" & "rotating images" plug-ins that Builder gives you it can be done easily.  It is just applying yourself to make it work in BUILDER.
Everyday I am learning more and more about design with WP and CSS . . . never went to school for it - just a hobby and I am 64 yo.  If you like puzzles then learning it will be a snap --- practice, practice, makes perfect.  There is no website as yet that is "right out of the box" cause it takes your creativity to make it.
With all the wealth of knowledge on this website and the great support from the ADMINs and Moderators (who usually always come through with an answer most of the time) . . . I am learning and learning . . .
One nice clean one is my www.mifflintownship.org site  -- it is a WIP (work in progress) and I will be adding some nnovel things with the RI and TABBER plug-ins . . .
Jim

#3 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 273 posts
  • LocationiThemes World Headquarters

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:51 AM

Rob  -
Thanks for the good words about baptistmessenger.com. That was a custom site we did for them, and as such, we will not be releasing that as a theme. 
Although the Messenger Site is not built with Builder, with a little work, you could make a similar layout.
Thanks again.
-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player

#4 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

I was trying to recreate it using Builder at http://nichereviewblogs.com/testing/
Purely for learning purposes.
In the process, I got side-tracked and started creating video tutorials Posted Image

#5 ninjarob

ninjarob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:10 PM

Sri,
That's awesome, you almost got it down!!!!

I got a question...how did you insert the Featured Image gallery?  I'm still stumped on where & how to put it in.

#6 patoh777

patoh777

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:29 AM

I was browsing at the website www.baptistmessenger.com and wondering which plugin was used to add those columns where there are short summary and links to the articles...very much like the featured article display....

Anyone have any idea...

#7 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 273 posts
  • LocationiThemes World Headquarters

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

Patrick -

Although there may be one out there, I do not know of a plugin that does that. I wrote that code custom for the Baptist Messenger. It is simply pulling categories from a dropdown on the backend in to the columns.

Sorry I couldnt be more help, but maybe someone else knows of a plugin that does something similar.

-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,388 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi,

here are some plugins, and here's an article with a couple of code samples that you could use and tweak.

Ronald (w/ Google Posted Image)

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users