Headway Migration from MAMP using backupbuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Heath_*

Guest_Heath_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

I sent an inquiry to sales, but never received a response. I want to know if BackupBuddy will migrate my Headway Themed site I have been devoping locally using MAMP to my 1and1 server. My main questions are the multiple databases that headway uses to work properly and the fact that all my links, pics, pages, etc are http://localhost:8888/. Does BackupBuddy fix all these links, pic url's, etc. to my actuall domain name during the migration and again, will headway databases migrate properly?

#2 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:35 PM

BackupBuddy should work for your situation. There is an option in Settings to backup non-WordPress database tables to account for the additional database tables. BackupBuddy will prompt for the new URL (and attempt to guess it) of your destination server. This will take care of the URL change everywhere needed in the database. Many of our customers use BackupBuddy just for the purpose.

There have been some reports of permissions issues with the default installation of MAMP concerning zip creation in some certain configurations however. We recommend XAMPP (free) to avoid running into this though it is not required and you may not encounter this issue at all.
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In