Granite theme question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Michael_*

Guest_Michael_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hello...

I'm looking at purchasing the Granite theme. Can the main header graphic be linked? On the demo here at this site, and on a cached version of James Dalman's site, I noted that the header graphics weren't linked to the home page... which might be a problem.

Can the navigation menu include dropdowns for sublevel nav? Posts at *other* sites about Granite seem to indicate this, but I haven't seen an example, or any mention of it here. Also, the social bling icons in the Granite demo appear to have been built with your Billboard app... so is that included with Granite?

Finally, are there any other examples of Granite being used in the real world? I'd love to see others' implementations before making a purchase. In truth, Flexx appears to do more of what I want… but I really like the "cleanness" of the Granite design for this project.

I'll look forward to your reply, and thanks!

Edited by Michael, 24 January 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#2 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hi, Michael

1. The header image is not linkable, but Featured Images are clickable and can link to other pages (they are the large images that rotate in and out of each other on the homepage)
2. Yes, Granite has multi-level drop down menus
3. The Social bling is not included in the theme. They are just in the demo to show how you can add them to your homepage. But yes, they are done so through that bottom widget area. You can usually find plenty of free social icons on the internet though. Just google "free social media icons" and you'll get lots of options. Neither is the Billboard plugin included in the theme.
4. Unfortunately, I don't have any ready examples of anyone's site using Granite - I checked our Theme Showcase category but didnt find any Granite ones posted yet. Hopefully someone will share their Granite thems site soon!

Sarah