Welcome to the forum:
Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!
Also take note of the forum guidelines.
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
Can Builder develop sites offline, and can I import a HTML site?
Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:30 PM
1. Is Builder Mac compatible?
2. Is there a way to develop and polish a site off line, on my computer, and then upload it onto the Web when it is finished? If so, how do I do this?
3. I have an existing business site that is straight HTML, no flash, no Java. I've read something about being able to import any site into Builder/Wordpress. Is this possible? And how would I do this?
Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:29 PM
- See http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/12916-linux-os-required/. It is possible to install and run WordPress with Builder on Mac using MAMP.
- Yes. Develop the site locally on MAMP and BackupBuddy to transfer. I do the same all the time, although I use XAMPP (on Windows)
- Not possible as far as I know. The site has to be re-created by laying out modules, adding widgets and CSS styling.