Builder promo video plays on iPad, but Flexx promo does not - Q about embedded video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kelly AZ_*

Guest_Kelly AZ_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Hello - I'm about to buy Flexx and/or Builder, and need to embed locally-stored videos that can be viewed on iPads and iPhones as well as the major browsers (I know a plugin is required). My understanding is that your embedded video plugin only uses flash, so I assumed it would not be a valid choice (even though it otherwise seems to be a great plugin).

I was at the Apple Store and brought up the iThemes site on an iPad. Surprisingly, I could play the video on the Builder page just fine (not expected), but the video on the Flexx page just appeared as a blank space.

So, my question is: what did you do differently to get the Builder video to play vs. the Flexx video, and how can I get the same capability with either Builder or Flexx?

Thanks!

Kelly

#2 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

Hi Kelly,

Well its not the player but what video format you have your videos in. Check this article here http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-10114945-233.html

So as long as you embed videos that have that format you will be able to view them on the iphone or ipad.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about this topic

Thanks

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#3 Guest_Kelly AZ_*

Guest_Kelly AZ_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

OK, so let me make sure I understand. As long I record the video using the guidelines in the article you suggest, your embedded video player will play videos on the iPad and iPhone (and Android I'm assuming)?

Thanks again!

Kelly

#4 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi Kelly,

Youtube and vimeo should play your videos if they are in that format. What theme it is does not matter. Also you will need a player that supports html 5, which there are a lot out now so it shouldnt be that hard to find one. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier. And yes android will work with the mp4 format.

Regards

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!