Can't Log in to member section, but logged on the forum?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Warwick

Aaron Warwick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:25 AM

I've tried every combination of password/usename that I can think of, but I can't log in to the site. I'm sure I know what my username was when I signed up and my password too. I'm logged on here, so I don't know what the problem with the log in is.

I've tried to get my password reset but an hour after pressing the button I still have no email. Not sure why it is taking so long.

The only reason I need to log in is because the link I got to download Builder gave me an old version (at least I think it did). My version has SEO greyed out and no style manager. This is really frustrating.

Can anyone help me?

#2 Aaron Warwick

Aaron Warwick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:52 AM

This is getting ridiculous. How long do I have to wait to get a new password when I should have just been given the right product to begin with.

Not impressed.

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,636 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

Hi,

when you click the member login in the right top of this page, does that not take you to the memebrship page?

We will have to look into why the password reset function doesn't work, did you check your spam folder? The mail is (should be) sent to the e-mail you registered when purchasing the product (your gmail account I assume).

hope that helps, if it doesn't, please send an e-mail to sales@ithemes.com, they should be able to sort this out for you,

apologies for the inconvenience,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 28,636 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

Aaron Warwick said:

The only reason I need to log in is because the link I got to download Builder gave me an old version (at least I think it did). My version has SEO greyed out and no style manager. This is really frustrating.

And Builder SEO and stylemanager are separate (optional) plugins, but need to be installed before the options become available,

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Aaron Warwick

Aaron Warwick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for your help. It was going to my spam filter. I had mixed up an email from paypal as an email from ithemes.

The plug in thing was confusing because the tutorial I was looking at must have been old and when you click on the SEO tab inside of builder it says "not yet" or something like that. I assumed that meant I had an old version.

It should be fixed now.

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 28,636 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:53 AM

glad it's resolved, let us know if you run into any other issues,

Ronald