What I want to know is why are your themes and products so much higher than woothemes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Voo_*

Guest_Voo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

I have paid for both woothemes, ithemes and several other items on the market and now I am looking very closing at the cost of how you do this charging for plugins that woothemes provides. You are triple the price with less themes. Can you explain to me why someone should pay you basically $41.41 per month for your themes only and then another $20 per month for your plugins? Woothemes charges me $20 dollars a month and that's it. It's my opinion that you are pricing yourself out of more business. Paying $500 a year for your themes is very high for a small shop. I wish you guys would adjust your pricing to make it more affordable..

#2 Nina East (Nina!)

Nina East (Nina!)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Hi Woo Guest,

I can't tell if this is a legitimate question, or if it's more of a spam comment designed to create confusion, so I'll respond as a legitimate concern.

First, thanks for sharing. We strongly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that people need to search for the tools that are right for them. Everyone has their own budget to work within, and they need to make the best long-term choices for their business based on their current finances and well-designed cash flow forecasts.

Our goal is to help make more people's lives and businesses even more awesome, so obviously having the right tools - as well as the best support - is key.

One of the ways we do that for web designers is by providing 125+ themes (the number increases every month) in an All Access Pass for $497 for a full year. That includes the iThemes Builder theme, which is the most flexible WordPress framework in the market to date, allowing you to create your own design from scratch without having to touch a line of code.

We also offer a wide array of plugins, at different price points for different levels of use. I can't tell where you have come up with your $20/month figure for our plugins since there really is a wide range and each developer can select what they need in order to serve their clients most effectively and affordably.

A "small shop" web design company can easily recoup these expenses - and more - with one web design customer.

If you aren't sure how to do that, I encourage you to check out the free webinars offered at WebDesign.com. In addition to the design and development training, there are also courses to help web designers build their business, find and work with client, negotiate fair and excellent contracts with clients, etc., all of which are to help web designers not only create great sites and businesses, but also create a great life for themselves.

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Nina!

#3 Cory Miller

Cory Miller

iThemes CEO

• Administrators
  • 182 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for this Nina! My sentiments exactly  . and I think this video on our core philosophy about making money and not apologizing for it or the prices we charge hammers it home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z571yPB-cK0&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Cory Miller, 05 May 2011 - 03:18 AM.

Founder, iThemes.com
Making web design fun and easy since 2008

Please don't PM me but you can email me at cory@ithemes.com