Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Essence Theme Pre-sales question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 kudes4

kudes4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

I asked this question in the wron forum :-) I have a client who is interested in purchasing the Essence theme, but we need to know if the 2 column featured area on the Home page can be converted into a three column area.

Thanks,

Lori

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,348 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 01:33 PM

see http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/14828-adding-a-thrid-column-to-featured-page-2-option-pre-sales/

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 kudes4

kudes4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

OH YAY!!!! Thank you Ronald! Now he's wanting to make one column into a slider area...that would just be a matter of adding the shortcode for the Rotating images plugin to a featured Post, right?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,348 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Hi,

well, yes, you would have to add the shortcode to the page template, there are several examples of that in the pluginbuddy forum and we can help with that. (And just to make sure, note that the modification to the number of columns in the page template is beyond the scope of our support. If my directions were clear, and you can work with that, it should be no problem. If you get stuck somewhere, I will probably be able to help out, but we don't have the code ready for you)

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 kudes4

kudes4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hi Ronald,

I just wanted to make sure that I could do these things with the theme. I wasn't expecting wholesale support, just a nudge in the right direction. :-)

I'm bringing every client I can over to Builder and other iThemes themes and PluginBuddy products. This time the client wanted assurance that what we were thinking could be done. He's already bought three themes from other companies before I came on board and steered him here.

Thanks again,

Lori

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,348 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:01 AM

Ok,

I didn't want to put you off of course, just wanted to clarify,

and thanks for introducing us to other clients. You are aware of our affiliate program I hope!? And our weekly Tips and Tricks Newsletter?

Ronald