Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Tabber inside a Tabber

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Curious if anyone has attempted putting a tabber widget inside a tab of a parent tabber widget?
See what I mean here: http://powdermonk.com
Twitter    PMonk    Traffic    SnowCommentsLogin
Note that in Firefox the top right set of tabs (outlined above) are working properly but in IE they are not, you can't even see the second level tabs and the below content area (Pack & Pocket) mashes up into the tabs.

On second thought, I removed the widgets that were in those child tabs and now the tabs are showing up. It seems there is an issue with the "Twitter Goodies Widgets" widget. Anyone had experience with this and know what issues it might be having? I had them setup so that each of the child tabs (PMonk, Traffic, Snow) had one of the Twitter Goodies Widgets in them each one searching on a specific keyword from Twitter. This was working great in FF, just totally broken in IE.
IE8 offers the following error, this is *after* I removed the Twitter Googies widgets from those child themes:
Message: 'this[...].style' is null or not an objectLine: 19Char: 30711Code: 0URI: http://powdermonk.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2
Spencer spencerjw.comWinegarden.me (Jenks) :: :: SharedSimplicity (Syndicate News)
PowderMonk.com (Builder) :: :: BiggDizzy.com (Architect)

#2 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

I've made some significant changes since I last posted the above issue and I think I can get away form trying to use tabber inside another Tabber. However, I am still getting some pretty good errors in IE8, those are below. I don;t know if they are Tabber related or not but I suspect that they might be... *shrug*
FROM IE8:Message: 'this[...].style' is null or not an objectLine: 19Char: 30711Code: 0URI: http://powdermonk.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2
FROM FF3.5.7:Error: TWTR is not definedSource File: http://powdermonk.com/Line: 325
Spencer spencerjw.comWinegarden.me (Jenks) :: :: SharedSimplicity (Syndicate News)

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,409 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hi,
TWTR sounds a lot like twitter, and not so much like tabber or builder. But since the site is in maintenance mode, we'll have to wait till Friday to have a closer look Posted Image
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:30 AM

Lol yeah, I do have a Twitter plugin but I had it disabled at the time of the writing. I also had Maintenance mode disabled for a few hours after posting but had to re-enable it till friday. I think I should be good till launch but this is something I really do need to get resolved. Right now my only solution for the mashing of the widgets with the tabber areas is a refresh/reload of the browser, this works about 75% of the time. But as I am sure every one would agree, that's not a solution as much as it's a band-aid...

#5 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

Ok, I was able to take the site out of Maintenance mode and it is now viewable by the public again.  Here is the error I am seeing in IE8:

<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><span style="color: #ff0000;">Webpage error detailsUser Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; Tablet PC 2.0)Timestamp: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 03:27:12 UTCMessage: 'this[...].style' is null or not an objectLine: 19Char: 30711Code: 0URI: http://powdermonk.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2</span>

Any ideas as to what is causing this? The error I feel is causing the issue you see under the Ska Brewery ad on the right side where the tabber area is squishing up but only seen in IE8.

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,409 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:16 PM

Hi,
Any page in particular that we need to look at?
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#7 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

The page doesn't matter since the tabber widget that I am seeing missing in IE8 is on almost every page on the website. It's supposed to appear below the Sak Brewery ad and the "Mtn. Pet of the Week" sections on the right side. In IE8 you can see the tabs but they overlay the "Mtn Dog of the Week" headder bar and no content is being displayed.

Firefox:
Posted Image

IE8:
Posted Image

Edited by Spencer, 07 February 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,409 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:06 PM

Ah yes, I see now, must have overlooked that, sorry.
Does adding any content to the Wine review section make a difference?
Ronald

#9 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,409 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

Hi,
I had a closer and deeper look, and I've found what is causing the error message. It appears to be (to the best of my knowledge) the tabber plugin indeed. I will escalate this to the real clever guys, and someone will get back on this asap.
Ronald

#10 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

As always, very much appreciated Ronald!

#11 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:54 PM

Curious if anyone has found a solution for this. Got someone breathing down my next to show the site to advertisers and of couse they all use IE (fools).

Thanks guys,
Spencer

#12 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

We're still looking into this.  I'll pull Matt in on this as well.  I believe he is the tabber expert!
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In

#13 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Thank you for the updated.

#14 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

Hey Spencer -
Unfortunately for our little tabber, it was never meant to be used one inside of another, so we did not test/develop it for that use. At this point, we do not have any plans to put developing time into adding this functionality.
If you do find the solution that allows you to add one in another, please let us know and we will definitely add the fix into the plugin.
Thanks
-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player

#15 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:00 PM

Actually that was my initial issue but I have since ditched that idea.
The current issue now is that my tabber content is not showing up in IE. Check the PowderMonk link in my sig and if you look at it in FF vs IE8 you'll notice the Beer/Wine review tabs are kinda screwed up. You can see snap shots of the issue in my earlier post where I included the attachments.

#16 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:33 PM

Any additional thoughts on this? I'm finally getting serious pushback from my client since they want to take the site "Live" to the world but can't do it without this one little remaining issue.
I do want to make sure that all your efforts are greatly appreciated and you have an iThemes-for-life customer.

#17 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,409 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hi Spencer,
I will put some more pressure on the tech guys, they're in Monday, and see what we can come up with,
apologies for the delay,Ronald

#18 Guest_Duck008_*

Guest_Duck008_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hi,
I am struggling with the exact same error on "Line: 19", I don't have the tabber plugin though. I'm susspecting that it has something to do with either the multi-level navigation or the WPML plugin. I'm desparate to get over with this. P.S., I'm using the latest of wordpress and plugins.

#19 Spencer

Spencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 10:13 AM

Any word from the fellas "upstairs" on this?

#20 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

Spencer -
I installed a fresh copy of the Tabber Widget on an unmodified copy of Builder, and could not replicate the problem in IE 6,7, or 8. That means that the problem may stem from a conflict with an existing plugin or modification. Many plugins that use javascript can be careless with how they call it, and it interferes with other plugins. We have seen issues like this many times with the MailChimp WordPress plugin for example.
You might try disabling other plugins and removing other sidebar widgets. Then, it might come down to an issue of checking modifications you have made.
Hope this helps
-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player