Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

4 questions regarding theme Essence prior purchase

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Emma_*

Guest_Emma_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Hi,
I am very interested in the Essence theme but have 4 questions that I would like to have answered prior I make my decision.

1. Can I integrate any Wordpress plugin, for example tiny contact form? (the site is going to have a registration page for different courses, i.e. the user selects a specific course in the registration form, fills out contact details and send the request by email)

2. Is there a standard way of having the site, or parts of the site, in multiple languages? Do you have any recommeded solution to this?

3. Can I use any widget in the 3 feature section? At a start there I would like to remove the blog section. (perhaps have the booking/registration feature already at the start page)?

4. Can I change all colors, fontstyles, background etc. in the stylesheet or are there any limitations to this?

Thank you!

Br, Emma

Edited by Emma, 03 February 2010 - 01:44 PM.

#2 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

Hi, Emma -
1. I wouldnt' say ANY WP plugin...there are about 8,000 plugins and not all of them will be compatible with out themes. For that reason, we can't guarantee or promise that third party plugins will work with our themes. But, most will. Try to find one that has been downloaded a lot and has good user feedback. For contact forms we recommend http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/ (this will work with our themes) and Gravity Forms for a premium form plugin.
2. There's not a standard way really. At least not that I'm aware of. I talked to one customer who needed her webiste in both English and Spanish, so she created two identical sites in each language with links in between. I don't know if that's the perfect solution but she said it worked for her.
3. Absolutely. The ones used in the demo are just there as an example. You can use whatever widget you'd like in those places.
4. If you know CSS, then yes, you are free to make any changes and tweaks you'd like to your site. The stylesheet is accessible through the dashboard. You own the site and theme after purchase so there are no limitations on our end as to how you customize it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Sarah

#3 Guest_Emma_*

Guest_Emma_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:08 AM

Thank you!
Your answers clarified my questions.

Two more question;
1. does the Essence White work with wordpress 2.9.1 (latest version on wordpress.com)?
2. What browsers are the theme Essence White compatible with today running on MacX or Microsoft OS? (i.e. IE what versions, Firefox etc)

Just an additional question regarding changing the CSS. I know CSS, but is not an experienced expert. How easy would you say it is to make changes of fontsize, fonttype and colors? Is the CSS well commented, is it only one change or is the definition spread out on in various files etc.

Br, Emma

Edited by Emma, 04 February 2010 - 03:48 AM.

#4 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hey Emma -

1. Yes, it is up to date with the latest WP version. Sometimes the text on our site gets out of date when we talk about WP versions, but we never let our themes get out of date. We continually update them, and test them all if there is a big WordPress upgrade due out.
So yes it is compatible with the latest version!
2. I'm sure I'm going to forget one, but we test them with all major browsers. We test down to IE6, but nothing below that (If someone is past that they need to upgrade pronto!). Firefox, Safari, Opera...and I know I'm missing one. Sorry!
But yes, we test our themes on all the major browsers.

And finally, simple changes like font, colors, font size...those are fairly easy to find in the stylesheet and if you've done CSS before than you should be fine. If you get lost or need additional help, the Forum is here for small customizations like that and can help you out.
But major style changes would require more work and would begin to fall outside the scale of support. Based on what you asked so far, I think you'll be fine.
Oh and you'll find these files within the Dashboard under Appearance > Editor > Stylesheet

Sarah

#5 Guest_Shirin_*

Guest_Shirin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

Have any of your themes been used for a Persian (Farsi) language site before?  I want to make sure the themes are compatible with Persian/Arabic script before making a purchase.  I know sometimes Persian script has a tendency to jump around..