Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Make custom header bigger

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

How can I make it so that the custom header has a larger "height" dimension instead of what comes with the template? I don't want the image to be cut off.

http://sk8music.net.previewdns.com/blog/

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,082 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

Hi,

you can change the dimensions in the functions file. In functions.php, find these around line 83. Adjust to your likings, but notice that changing the width might mess up the layout,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Michiel Stax_*

Guest_Michiel Stax_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hello,

I'm also just putting the your Wordpress Theme Quick Vid together and I'm also looking for a way to make the header higher. When I look at the functions.php code around line 83, I find this:

add_filter( 'it_featured_images_options', 'it_filter_featured_images_options' );
function it_filter_featured_images_options( $options ) {
$options['width'] = 360;
$options['height'] = 240;
$options['variable_height'] = true;
$options['force_disable_overlay'] = true;

return $options;
}

The strange thing is: the header's height is 790 x 170. I can't find these values in het functions.php.

Is this the right file in which I'm looking or am I missing something?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,082 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

Hi,

check this one out (on another theme, but the same applies), that should help, disregard my first reply in this topic,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.