Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Titanium theme pre purchase questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:03 AM

Hi
I'd like to purchase the Titanium theme. I already have a live blogsite at http://www.rhodes2success.com - I wanted to check the theme will be compatible with how my blog is currently set up/structured or will I need to do additional work rather than just switch on the new theme?
I understand things like the video etc and social links will need to be sorted.

The main concern is my blog is structured with the blog being the homepage of the domain, however with the new theme it looks like the homepage is more of a website home page (which is what I want) and the blog pages sit behind it.

Many Thanks
Mark

#2 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hey Mark -
You'll need to do some site re-arranging to go from your current theme to Titanium. Just because the layouts are so different it won't mesh immediately.
We always recommend backing up your content just in case, but things like your pages and your posts will not be affected.

Titanium does have the "static" homepage. But you can still keep a blog roll on your homepage by using the Recent Posts widget and placing it in one of the widget sections on the homepage (those blue boxes for example).
You'll want to find some nice looking photos too to go in the Featured Images section on Titanium. I noticed you didn't have any on your current site. So that's something you'll need to add later.

So, yes, the blog will no longer be the homepage but they can still have a presence on the homepage if you want. And then you can create a new page using the blog archive template for all of your blogs to appear on.
It will require a little extra work, but nothing terrible. Just re-arranging everything to fit in your new layout.

Did that answer your question?

Sarah

#3 Guest_Mark_*

Guest_Mark_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

Hi Sarah
Thanks for your reply, yes it answered my question. I went ahead and purchased the theme yesterday and it worked great, just a few minor changes to make things fit - not live yet as built it on my test domain but really great theme and so easy to customize.
Thanks for your help,
Mark

#4 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

Mark -
That's awesome!
I'm glad you're finding the theme easy to use.

We look forward to seeing the finished site!

Sarah