Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Tabber Broken - A WordPress Upgrade Issue?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 keethgee

keethgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:24 PM

I see others have posted that Tabber is broken, and I'm just adding that it is for me, too, having never been before.

50.22.71.97/~augusta/service-plans/

I have three separate widget content modules, one for each of the tabs, each with a test message. But all three test messages show up in the first tab...and the other tabs don't work (the tabs change color on hover, but a tab click doesn't switch to that tab).

I haven't seen any solution posted for this problem in the forum -- if I've missed it, please point me to it.

If I am correct that the problem hasn't been resolved, I'm wondering if it could be a WordPress-version issue, since I think it has been a relatively long time since Tabber has been upgraded.

Is it possible that WordPress 3.x is simply incompatible with the last version of Tabber...and that Tabber's code needs something done to it to work again with current versions of WordPress/javascript...and that this is why people are now reporting Tabber as not working?

I would appreciate any solution for Tabber...or a pointer toward another tabbed-content plugin that's working out there. It was always such a quick-and-easy solution, which I need right now :-(

#2 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

Hi Keeth,

I can assure you that it works with the latest version of wordpress. Check one of my test sites <a class="sfcode" href="http://unconformedmind.com/2test/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">here</a>

Also if you check your browsers error console you can see that tabber is throwing a jquery issue, which usually means you have a plugin or chunk of code that is conflicting with the tabber widget plugin. You can see where we have stated this before http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13511-my-tabber-widget-has-stopped-working/.

Regards

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#3 keethgee

keethgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Thank you Josh.

I'd looked at another tab plugin where there was discussion that it was broken, possibly due to WordPress upgrades over time. So I thought maybe that was the case here.

I'd disabled some plugins, but one lost all its data upon reactivating, so I thought before I risked that again I'd throw the possibility out there, since I've never had a conflict with Tabber before.

So back I go again to disabling. If/when I find the conflict, I'll report back here just in case that helps someone else.

Keith

#4 keethgee

keethgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:18 AM

I couldn't figure out which plug-in(s) had the conflict with Tabber, but I did find an alternative that didn't cause a javascript conflict for me: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-post-tabs/

You can see it at: 50.22.71.97/~augusta/service-plan-options/

I always use iThemes Builder and plugins for my sites, so I'm not recommending this plugin over Tabber...just trying to help anyone who encounters a similar problem to mine who is looking for a possible alternative solution for this particular problem.

Keith

#5 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi Keeth,

That is fine, it is just a free plugin =) it might also be the theme that you are using. There is a number of different things that can cause javascript errors. Some times i can tell if its a specific plugin from the page source but this time i could not.

Please let us know if you have anymore questions

Regards

Josh

#6 keethgee

keethgee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:59 AM

Josh,

"It might also be the theme that you are using????"

Blashphemy! I ONLY use Builder, good sir, for this and any other sites I create! :-)

Best framework and customer support in the business.

Thanks again, and have a great 4th of July.

Keith

#7 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:05 PM

Haha good to hear! Sorry please excuse my ignorance. LOL Have a great independence day!

#8 Guest_Joe_*

Guest_Joe_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

The Tabber was working fine up until today... I did not install a new plugin but I did update wordpress. It won't switch from the search tab... well.. the tab switches - but the content does not.

www.thefeminineintellect.com

I also noticed that www.organized.yourway.net (where I found this widget in the first place) tabber widget also konked out today.

I use a blasphemous studio press lifestyle child theme... but I don't believe I ran an update on it recently