Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Licensing options

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Ellie_*

Guest_Ellie_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:44 AM

Hi,

I don't manage to find the information about your licensing options, or protection of data transmitted.

I understand you release the different codes or plugin under the GPL license. So I don't actually understand why they are registration for 2, 10, unlimited uses.

What does this registration exactly covers (specific support, automatic update through the Wordpress integrated system, right to use, others?)?

Is a registration code absolutely necessary for each place where I will be potentially using the different plugin (even on localhost system)?

If on a website I decide to put the registration code or not, which information will be automatically transfered (upon request or automatically) to external servers (like yours or others)? Which features of this kind are present in the different codes?

Sorry to ask, but this information is very important for some of my clients or partners.

Can you please clarify for me?

#2 Dustin Bolton

Dustin Bolton

BackupBuddy Guy

• Administrators
  • Others: Builder, All Plugins, Webdesign, BackupBuddy, Members
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Hi Ellie,

The different licenses are for automatic upgrades and support. You will have full access to all plugin features with or without a license but attaching a license allows for automatic upgrades for that site and technical support for that site for the duration of that subscription.

Data submitted to our servers is similar to what WordPress submits during updates: WordPress version, plugin version, plugin name, and site_url variable so we can know that site is validated for support. No data is submitted to our servers if you choose to not use licensing if you are concerned about data being transmitted to us. Do note that WordPress will still submit data to their servers for their updating system.

In short you are not required to enter any licensing information and it will not inhibit the plugin if you do not other than automatic upgrades and support.

Let us know if you'd like any further clarification.

Thanks,

Dustin
The BackupBuddy Guy - Dustin Bolton's Website - Twitter - Linked In