question before buying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_adam_*

Guest_adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Hi, this will probably sound stupid because I'm a noob with themes. I was wondering if it's possible to create a site like this with ithemes:http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/unled1sd.jpg/

Here's a site that comes close to what I want: www.gifbin.com

Thank you

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,362 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hi,

that looks pretty straightforward, but it will depend on your skills. What you show in the image, and the site you are linking to appear quite different, but either way, it can be done (as in, anything can be done). If you are a noob (as you call it), have not worked with WordPress and themes, do not know (any) html or css, it might prove to be a challenge.

Builder theme lets you build any layout you want, but to add content, change styling etc. it will take at least some of the skills I mentioned before. Not to build a site, but to build a site exactly like the one you linked to. I suggest you watch some of the Builder videos and see if they make any sense. If they do, Builder is the product for you!

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_adam_*

Guest_adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:43 AM

Is it possible to pay someone to do it for me?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,362 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

let's see if there are any takers, but this is support forum, so you might not get the best exposure.

Members have access to the marketplace forum, where you can post such requests, otherwise, perhaps some freelance sites are worth looking into,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_adam_*

Guest_adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for your replies, Ronald. You can delete this thread now.