Architect home left tab text width

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stuart Lockhart

Stuart Lockhart

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:55 AM

Hi,

I've used the "HOME LEFT TABS" widget as prescribed to create the content for these tabs. The sub-heading on each tab is too close to the right-hand side of the box before it goes to a new line.

Which bit of code on the CCS do I modify please, and with what value?

Thanks,

Stuart.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,889 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hi,

please always add a link to your site, and post in the appropriate theme forum, in this case the Architect support forum.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Stuart Lockhart

Stuart Lockhart

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

Ronald,

I'm starting to get a bit wound up about this. I watched the video about how to ask a question but what I found on the home page was totally different. The links to each forum where not present as shown in the video.

When I finally figured out how to post a topic in what I thought was the right place - I use computers all day long and no I'm not stupid - you're telling me I did it in the wrong place! Why don't you just answer my damned question!?

Unbelievably hard forum to find your way around. I'm paid my money. Answer my damned question. I don't have time for this.

I have clicked on the link you posted and it takes me to a page which looks very much like this one with tiny text saying "access denied". Why? WHY? I'm logged in properly. You didn't send me any other login details.

Can't I just have an answer? It's such an easy question for you guys to answer. And if you need a link to my website save yourself some time and make it so I can't post a topic without a link. www.visionaudiovisual.com.

Very frustrated,

Stuart.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,889 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

Stuart,

there is no reason to use such language, or such a tone.

a. we can't "smell" that you are not able to post in the architect forum. Now that you explain that, we can look into that.

b. we need a link to your site to look into your issue

While we try to fix your forum access, add the following at the end of your stylesheet style.css:

#homepageleft ul li a {
width: 210px;
padding-right: 12px;
}

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Stuart Lockhart

Stuart Lockhart

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

Ronald,

How dare you.Lesson 101 in customer service: solve the customer's problem quickly. Instead you forced me to jump through hoops and created work for me.

I had assumed that you had changed the forum front page structure since doing the video. Why would I assume it's a problem with my login?

It took multiple barriers put up by you before I got angry, and I had every right to get frustrated. I will certainly not apologise after being on the receiving end of such arrogance and poor service. I'd sack my customer service people if they treated customers like you have.

You have solved my problem finally - thank you. I can't believe how hard it was getting an answer to such a simple question.

Stuart.