other languages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_nemo_*

Guest_nemo_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

hello,

I work mainly in Hebrew many times in the Hebrew version of Wordpress.so I would like to know if ibuilder is compatible with wordpress versions other than English and is it Right- Left available?

thank you,

Nemo

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:38 AM

Very sorry about the late reply Nemo.

I'm the developer of Builder, and to be frank, I know very little about the requirements of full RTL support. I'm digging in a bit, but I am having a bit of trouble finding a diffinitive resource to use to verify that everything is working as it should.

I have seen some users comment in the forum before that they were using an RTL language, such as Arabic, with Builder, but they did not comment if any modification was necessary.

I found the RTL Tester plugin and started testing Builder with the RTL feature activated. What I found is that a number of "text-align: left" rules were causing issues. Removing a few "text-align: left" rules from the style.css file and the addition of a simple rtl.css file to set the CSS direction, and float the nav elements to the right made a big difference.

There are still a few tweaks to make (such as making the parentheses flow properly in some places), but I plan on having this update for Builder core out by tomorrow. We currently have over 40 child themes, and I don't have an estimate on when complete RTL support will be available for them.

In short, I must say that we don't have proper RTL support currently. Unfortunately, this is one of those things that we've never thought of (since everyone on the team works with and knows LTR languages) and we've never been asked.

I do plan on having full support ready shortly however, and I do thank you for pointing out this oversight.