contact buddy not sending messages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 jfdoes

jfdoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Since the latest WP update, I have not been able to get contact buddy to send emails. I have also tried other contact forms with the same problem. This is happening with multiple websites. Any idea as to why? I have seen many forums with people complaining about this problem, but not a single solution.

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

Hi James,

What exact problem are you seeing? Any screenshot of the error? Since you confirmed that it's a WordPress related issue and not ContactBuddy itself, we may not be able to give you the exact solution, but we can try [or at least point you in the right direction, including asking you to contact your host].

Regards,

#3 jfdoes

jfdoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

There is no error message. It says it sent successfuly, but then nothing is ever sent. After your question, I did try a form that is on another host, and it worked. My sites are on Hostgator. So what should I do? I appreciate your help.

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the reply James.I just tested the ContactBuddy plugin from my end on a HostGator and a non-HostGator site, and both send the emails just fine with the default settings.

1 : Hostgator is usually very good at explaining things when you specifically ask for it, so you can ask them [ ticket may get you better more thorough response than a live chat many times ] why the mail isn't being sent. Tell them your other host can send the emails fine but in WordPress it's not working. Also tell them you updated to the latest version of WordPress and now you are not getting emails, and that you haven't customized anything. They should have logs of all incoming and outgoing email. If they don't see anything being sent, then WordPress itself may be the issue on your installation.

2 : Can you delete the ContactBuddy widget, disable all your other plugins and then add the ContactBuddy widget again [while keeping all other plugins disabled] to test? Let's see if that solves the problem.

3 : Check your spam folder. Last week we had another issue where the emails weren't coming in for another plugin [ Ajax Edit Comments ], and the reason turned out to be the spam folder.

4 : Change the email address in ContactBuddy settings to something completely different [like if it's hotmail.com , change it to gmail.com or vice versa or something else] and see if that makes any difference.

5 : Are you getting all other WordPress notifications fine [like comments, etc]?

6 : What is the url where this can be tested?

7 : Have you done any functions.php or other modifications related to plugins or the email functions?

8 : Log out of Dashboard. On the log-in page, click "Forgot Password" link and see if that e-mail comes in.

ContactBuddy itself hasn't changed at all this month and works fine on my tests of Wp 3.2.1, so the issue most probably lies somewhere else in another plugin or the site/host configuration. #1 will be your best bet if the other suggestions #1 through #4 don't do anything.

#2 is extremely important. Many times it's another plugin causing some conflict.

Regards,

Edited by Bes Zain, 28 July 2011 - 06:25 PM.