Builder questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kathy_*

Guest_Kathy_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Can I change the colors/backgrounds in Builder?

If I already have a regular website & current domain, how do I change it over without interrupting anything? I know I'll want to play around with Builder for a while before making it live. How does that work?

Thanks!

Kathy

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • 22,258 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:11 AM

Can I change the colors/backgrounds in Builder?

Yes.

Please watch http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Style_Manager#Style_Manager_Video

Such changes can also be of course done by editing style.css file.

You might want to set up a server on your computer, take a full backup of current live non-Builder site, restore it on your localhost, use Builder on it and once it is customized and ready, use BackupBuddy again to replace (delete and migrate) non-Builder site with Builder one.

See http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Builder_Frequently_Asked_Questions#How_to_setup_a_server_on_your_computer.2C_develop_Builder_sites_locally_and_migrate_them_to_another_location

#3 Guest_Kathy_*

Guest_Kathy_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

My main website is a regularly hosted website. I also have a smaller wordpress.org hosted site. Could I build the "main site" on the smaller wordpress site and then transfer it to the other domain name once it looks like how I want it to look?

#4 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • 22,258 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

What I understand is that you have a self hosted site like mysite.com and a blog at wordpress.com like mysite.wordpress.com.

If so, it is not possible to install/migrate Builder or any other theme of your choice to wordpress.com hosted blog.