Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy vs WPTwin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 adisegna

adisegna

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hi, Does anyone know the difference between Backup Buddy and WPTwin? It appears to have a lot of the same features. I am looking to create client sites on my Hostgator account and then move them to the clients server/site. See link below.

http://wptwin.net/

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hi Art,

Welcometo the forums, and thank you for considering BackupBuddy! :)

I'll focus on BackupBuddy. In addition to many other things, here is what we offer:

1 :We do not offer just "cloning" - even cPanel backups can kind of do that. We offer world class backup system that you fully control on your own website, manage and diagnose.

2 :We offer the best restoration of such data around via BackupBuddy. You can restore it easily.

3 :Have a complex or non-usual server or site setup? We'll work with you to make sure BackupBuddy works on your system or to ensure you know exactly what steps you or your host can take to enable smooth sailing for BackupBuddy or help you pinpoint the reason behind any issues.

4 :We offer scheduling: want backups every hour? Done! Want backups every night? Done! Want only database backups sent to your email and full backups saved on your server in a secure place that others cannot download? Done!

5 :Want to automatically send your backups into the cloud, like to Amazon S3 for example or FTP into some specific server? BackupBuddy allows you to do that [I have my own site backups every night saved on the server and sent to my S3 buckets :) ].

6 :Want extras like zip compression? Done! BackupBuddy gives you that and many, many more options and settings.

7 :Want to exclude some categories while including others in the backup? Done! BackupBuddy does that.

8 :Want world class support on the forums that's open to all BackupBuddy users where you can search a wealth of knowledge from previous questions and topics and also ask any questions openly in front of others? Done! BackupBuddy forums do just that. We don't hide anything we post in the forums; everything is transparent. You don't have to deal with a ticket system in this aspect. The same awesome support you get with your Builder Theme you'll get on the BackupBuddy side also.

9 :We are a real business [ www.pluginbuddy.com - www.ithemes.com - www.webdesign.com ]. We're not going anywhere but higher and higher. :) So you can be assured this plugin will be supported and maintained for a long, long time.

10 :Want regular updates? There's a dedicated team for BackupBuddy. BackupBuddy is updated regularly with feature requests, bug fixes and enhancements. Your suggestions and voices help dictate the future of BackupBuddy.

11 :You don't have to scroll at least 10 times on the BackupBuddy page to read everythinghttp://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/backupbuddy/:)

Please let us know if you have any other or specific questions. We would be more than happy to have you as a BackupBuddy user.

Regards,

#3 adisegna

adisegna

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thank you for the quick response and explaination. Seeing as I am a Builder subscriber and like all you have to offer and great support I will move forward with Backup Buddy.

#4 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

We have given enough info to WP Twin guys so they can make their script work with Builder. But apparently they are either not skilled enough to make it work or have no time/interest.

Please see <a  href="../../builder/cloning-a-builder-site-to-another-domain/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13801-cloning-a-builder-site-to-another-domain/</a>

Use BackupBuddy. It is awesome!

Here's a testimonial we recently received regarding BackupBuddy:

Hey Guys!

This is GRRRREAT

Hi,

Just want to let you know, this is the best money we’ve ever spent.  
Its saved 100’s of hours manual work moving sites from our testing
server, simply brilliant, I want to marry it!

Cheers  J

Edited by Sridhar Katakam, 10 August 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#5 sadie

sadie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:15 AM

So sorry I missed this in the FAQs

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hi Sadie-Michaela Harris, :)

Ooops: did you mean to post your reply here instead? http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18135-builder-theme-30-with-child-themes-and-using-wp-twin-cloning-plugin/

Either way, summary: BackupBuddy rocks. Like Sridhar said: Use BackupBuddy!

Let us know if you've any questions (you can continue in the other thread or here).

Regards,