Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Renewed PluginBuddy license but activation key not working on any sites

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 lorib

lorib

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

I renewed my PluginBuddy license but on all sites using the plugins, the activation key is no longer working even after entering info and trying to reactivate. Is there a way to reactivate them all without going into each site and creating a new key? I am using these plugins on a lot of sites, some of which I no longer have access to. Thanks.

#2 foxydot

foxydot

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

I am having this problem too. Invariabley, I am told that

Invalid license key, it has expired, or it is already in use.  Please verify the key or contact support for assistance.

Hello support! I need assistance!

#3 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

@Lori,

Since you have renewed after all your licenses had already expired you will need to regenerate new keys for your plugins. I know this can be seen as a inconvenience but we are working hard to further customize our licensing system to be able to keep track of things of that sort. If you are using the latest versions of the plugins you can deactivate and delete old license keys from one license manager.

@Catherine,

Is this after you have renewed? Is it certain plugins or all?

Please let us know

Regards

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#4 foxydot

foxydot

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Post renewal. I posted a more complete description of the problem in the member area (thought I had a better chance of getting an answer there ;) )

This instance was on BackupBuddy.

I was to expire on the 12th. I renewed on the 9th, but this was the first time I had a reason to look in on it all.

Here's a c/p of my other post:

I renewed my subscription (dev pack), but an attempt to update a plugin (BackupBuddy) is failing.

I get this message in the plugin panel:

Your subscription has expired. <a  href="../../member/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Click here to renew!</a>

When I log in to manage liscences, all of my keys show up as
"inactive". This message is at tae bottom of the panel where I usually
see an ability to generate new keys:

Posted Image You must obtain additional licenses to create any more keys.

I attempt to apply one of the inactive keys to the site (the one that was previously assigned to the site):

Invalid license key, it has expired, or it is already in use.  Please verify the key or contact support for assistance.

Grumble.

I am using the exact same login that I used to post here and to purchase the renewal. Please tell me what I'm missing.

#5 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:23 PM

Hi Catherine,

It appears that all your existing keys are expired which means that you will have to delete them and and generate new ones. Our licensing system does not let you re-use keys so once it is expired it is expired. We are looking to improve this part in our system by as of right now amember does not keep track of the keys like that. You can open one license manager and use that one to delete all of your previous keys.

Regards

Josh

#6 foxydot

foxydot

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I am not seeing an option to "delete" a key anywhere in the license manager. I see several "inactive" keys with a button to attach to this site and then this notice: Posted ImageYou must obtain additional licenses to create any more keys.

There is no availability to generate more keys or to delete keys. This is a bit embarrasing on professional sites where my clients think I've dropped the ball.

#7 lorib

lorib

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

I am seeing something similar to Catherine in the license manager. I can generate new keys, but not delete old ones. Is there a way to delete all the broken keys at once? I do not get a delete option after entering my login information.

#8 foxydot

foxydot

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:49 PM

Lori,

You're doing better than me! I can't even generate a new one, which means all of my clients are seeing that notice that there is no license on their plugin screen. :P

I'm a little frustrated with this system. I made sure I renewed before the cancelation so that there would be no lapse, and I feel like I got punished for renewing.

#9 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,406 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

@all,

we're working on a new licensing system, and it is being gradually rolled out. Please post further PluginBuddy licenses related issues in the General PluginBuddy support forum, where our plugin moderators are available, and able to provide more details.

thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#10 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

Ah the option to delete them is in every plugin but backupbuddy. As Ronald stated we are working on a new updater/licensing program. We have rolled it into the rest of our plugins but were waiting to place it in backupbuddy because its our most widely used plugin. This should be in there some time next week.

@Lori,

There will be an option to delete the expired keys soon for backupbuddy. You are going to need to generate becase of the explanation i stated in my first post.

@Catherine,

Im very sorry for the inconvenience. I dont understand why you wouldnt be able to generate new keys? Im going to PM you for further information.

Regards

Josh

#11 foxydot

foxydot

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

<deleted due to posting at same time>

Edited by Catherine Sandrick, 26 August 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#12 svetoslavd79

svetoslavd79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

View PostRonald, on 26 August 2011 - 04:00 PM, said:

@all,

we're working on a new licensing system, and it is being gradually rolled out. Please post further PluginBuddy licenses related issues in the General PluginBuddy support forum, where our plugin moderators are available, and able to provide more details.

thanks, and apologies for the inconvenience,
Ronald

I can not access this forum either. What is going on?

SD

#13 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,406 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

@Svetoslav,

your product membership details (associated with the login with which you posted this support request) do not show a current subscription for any PluginBuddy plugins. If your subscription has expired we would request that you renew your membership to receive product updates and support,.

Please note that if you have multiple logins associated with different products we can merge those into one if this would be more convenient for you.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.