Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Contact Buddy sending emails to old admin address

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_edieann_*

Guest_edieann_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

Contact Buddy works great but it is sending emails to my old admin address even though I have changed it in the WP admin settings.

I've deleted and reinstalled Contact Buddy a few times and it still sends to old admin address.

I looked in the code and my old email is not in there so how do I get Contact Buddy to recognize and send forms to my new email?

Many thanks for your help.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,339 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hi,

did you go through the ContactBuddy "Getting Started" steps?

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_edieann_*

Guest_edieann_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:15 PM

Thank you Ronal, but I have not found any instructions or steps beyond the WP instructions.

• Upload the ContactBuddy directory from the ContactBuddy ZIP file into your plugins directory.
  • Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
  • Follow any other on-screen directions -- (there are none).
Please provide a link to where the Getting Started for Contact Buddy can be found. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hi,

this might be related to the version you are using, but this is what it reads in the most recent version of the plugin, you will find this in the ContactBuddy tab in the wp-dashboard left sidebar menu. Take special note of pt. 2:

ContactBuddy allows you to easily add a contact form to your site by placing it in a widget or using shortcode button in the posts and page editors.

• Go to the ContactBuddy Settings link.
  • <span style="color: #0000ff">Set the "Recipient email address" to the address you would like the entries to be sent to.</span>
  • Set the "Subject" to the subject you would like to appear on the emails from the ContactBuddy form.
  • Choose to enable or disable reCAPTCHA validation for your ContactBuddy form.

• Add into your widgets on your site or

add into posts and pages by clicking the shortcode button Posted Image in the post and page editors.

let me know if that helps,

Ronald

Edited by Ronald, 19 August 2011 - 12:13 AM.

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hi Edieann, :)

Here's the link to the latest version that Ronald mentioned http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contactbuddy-by-pluginbuddycom/

Once you download and install/activate that, you'll see a menu similar to what Ronald said above when you click the "ContactBuddy" menu link in your WordPress Dashboard.

That is basically the "Getting Started" page [shown to you when you click the "ContactBuddy" menu in your WordPress Dashboard. That page will also link to the ContactBuddy settings page where you can enter your recipient email address [the settings page is also listed below ContactBuddy menu in your dashboard].

Regards,