Builder Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Burt Walker

Burt Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Cory and Chris:  Great job on the Builder theme!  Your teaser video sold me and I just ordered it.  Can't wait to get my hands on it to play around.

#2 BrianGr

BrianGr

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:58 PM

I am contemplating the builder theme, but I would like to know what if anything has been done in terms of helping to keep site load speed at a minimum with this theme considering Google recently announced that page load time will become a factor in how your site is ranked by them.

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 28,708 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:09 AM

Hi,
I am convinced and confident that our talented code ninja Chris Jean has (as always) used the most efficient techniques to code the functionality. It is inevitable though, that there is a "price to pay" for the flexibility Builder offers. It's creating a versatile and flexible CMS using WordPress. I am still convinced that it will beat "traditional" CMS such as Drupal or Joomla, and most of all, it can be used by novice and expert users to create the site they want. (and there's always the "default" theme in WordPress of course Posted Image)
We'll see how (if at all) Google will implement new rules for their ranking, what the weight will be, so far, from what I gather, slower loading sites will not be penalised, but faster loading sites will be rewarded. So us poor people that can't afford their own top notch server and datacenter, and have to use shared hosting for $4,95 a month will just have to accept this fact.
Just my 2 cents,Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_Eddie Truman_*

Guest_Eddie Truman_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:08 PM

Hi guys, Builder looks really promising.
In the video it is pages that are being built.
Is Builder focused totally on pages or will we be able to build a frontpage for a site using it ?

All the best
Eddie

#5 Matt Danner

Matt Danner

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Themes
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

Eddie-
You can build front pages, interior pages, post pages... pretty much anything.
-matt
Chief Operating Officer | Danger | Utility Player

#6 Stevie Mac

Stevie Mac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

yep ... i was sold.have hovered round ithemes for a while, after seeing the cool `wordpress as a cms `video
I was stressed out about what cms to go for and that video convinced me.
Then i got stressed out about what themes to go for. As I have basic dreamweaver skills, i was looking everywhere
for a more wyswyg editor. Builder looks like the ticket.
So I bought it.
Looking forward to using.

#7 Guest_jamesdalman_*

Guest_jamesdalman_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

Stephen, We hope you enjoy it!  Builder is going to allow designers and developers to do some amazing things and increase their ability to generate some sweet revenue by offering custom designs.  I'll be posting a video in the next few days on some thoughts about how to use Builder to make money. :)