Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy Plugin Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 mlhblogs

mlhblogs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

I am considering buying backup body but have a license question:

I build and administer wordpress sites in the clients hosting account.
Since they own the hosting account instead of me can I used one of my
liceneses for each of these sites i administer?

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,885 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Hi Mike

You can certainly attach one of your licences to BackupBuddy on a site that you administer for a client, for multiple clients within the limit of your licence package.

The only relevant restriction is that licences are essentially "non-transferable" in that you cannot "sign over" a licence to a client such that they can independently and autonomously seek support directly from this or any other iThemes/PluginBuddy forum or other channel (you should not share your membership/login details with any client for this or any other purpose). However, from the sound of it that isn't going to be an issue if you are administering the sites for your clients.

If a client ceases to be a client of yours you would most likely detach a licence from that site - you can choose whether or not you leave BackupBuddy installed - it will still function without an attached licence but will no longer be eligible for automatic updates or support unless said client were to purchase their own membership.

Hope that is the information that you need. If you require further clarification please let us know, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."