Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Changes to Builder license renewal.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 danturk

danturk

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

I just read the changes on Builder on your Facebook page.

My license for builder does not expire until 01/21/2012. Are you telling me you want/need my money now for me to be able to renew something that doesn't expire for almost 6 months to keep what I was promised when I bought it?

I bought Builder, with the unlimited child themes and an annual renewal for the same. Are you taking that away from me unless I pay you $97 now, <span style="color: #ff0000">before renewal</span>, or if I wait then charging me a higher rate later of $197 when reneewal comes along, AND no more unlimited themes to boot???

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:32 PM

Hi Dan, :)

Thanks for posting this! To clarify: your license will remain unchanged until 01/21/2012 â you don't have to do anything now and you do NOT have to pay the higher price now.

All current license holders stay with their current license and do NOT have to pay anything extra for the remainder of their license.

We were only suggesting people to upgrade now if they wish. I think our wording on the post came out wrong and gave the wrong impression that current license holders have to pay the new fees before their license expires? Does it clearly give that wrong impression to you ( and others ) also?

Again, your license will remain untouched and continue fully, like it is, until your license expires. Only then ( in 01/21/2012 ) will the new fees take into effect.

Does that make sense? Please let me know.

Regards,

Edited by Bes Zain, 30 August 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#3 circularlogic

circularlogic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi Bes:

As a matter of clarification on Dan's question, taking his expiration date of 1/21/2012 for example, if he decides to wait until 1/15/2012 to renew his annual license instead of doing so now before this pricing shift, would he be subject to the $197 fee?

Thanks!

Jeremy

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hi Jeremy, :)

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, the new priceswill go into effect for all future customers and also all future license renewals on September 1st. License prices that you pay apply to the current term of the license. You do not have to pay anything extra for your current licenses, since you already paid for your existing license.

If you renew now, before September 1st, you'll get locked into the current prices for another term year. As mentioned on the Facebook post (<a  href="https://www.facebook.com/notes/ithemescom-premium-wordpress-templates/new-ithemes-builder-packages-coming-september-1st-renewpurchase-now-at-current-r/10150294960654406" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.facebook.com/notes/ithemescom-premium-wordpress-templates/new-ithemes-builder-packages-coming-september-1st-renewpurchase-now-at-current-r/10150294960654406</a>) "(This means you can still purchase â or renew â the current<a  href="http://ithemes.com/purchase/builder-theme/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">all-inclusive iThemes Builder</a>pack at the super-low price of $97 through the end of August.)"

So any prices changes (like last year we reduced them, and we just announced the price increase for September this year) affect new licenses or license renewals on the new price deadline date (which is September 1st for this new price change).

Does that make sense? Please let us know.

Regards,

Edited by Bes Zain, 30 August 2011 - 01:18 PM.

#5 circularlogic

circularlogic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Bes! You reply answered my question and cleared that up for me, but I have another handful of questions for you as a result:

• If someone misses the renewal deadline of Aug 30th for the $97, I take it that the renewal option for the current package will be removed, so will people have to wait until the end of their current term to buy into the $197 developers package?
  • If someone decides to renew the current package at the $97 price but then purchases a LoopBuddy license at a later point (something I'm considering), then comes up against the $197 annual renewal later, can arrangements be made to reconcile the whole thing together?
  • Where do the Billboard and Rotating Images plugins sit in the new packages?
Thanks again!

Jeremy

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hi Jeremy, :)

Thanks for posting back. Let's go through these one by one:

1 : The special renewal price of $97 will be removed after the deadline, yes. After that (today), you can always renew or extend stuff by emailing sales@ithemes.com - however, to renew at the special price of $97 after the deadline, you can ask via that email if it's possible. They'll work with you on it to see if that's (or what's) possible.

2 : Good question. Unless I'm mistaken, the $97 (or any current renewal/purchase of that package) gets you LoopBuddy. So you won't have to purchase LoopBuddy later. If you do purchase LoopBuddy later, it will be treated as a separate license. You can always email sales@ithemes.com to clarify this more regarding your exact purchase dates and the number of sites you would like LoopBuddy on.

3 : Billboard and Rotating Images are separate from these 2 new Builder packages, and can be purchased/treated as separate licenses in your Member's Panel. So basically they're completely separate (and alsopart of PluginBuddy bundles).

Does that help? Please let me know! Thank you again for being with us.

Regards,