Remedy Health Care Theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:39 AM

I wanted to know on the "Remedy Health Care Theme" can the rotating image be removed from the homepage. I am thinking of buying this but wanted to know first.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,398 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hi,

you can either choose to use only image, so images will not rotate, OR you can set another page as the homepage, and not use the current homepage as your homepage (using standard WordPress settings), or we can provide you with instructions on how to remove the rotating images block entirely from the home page template file.

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:20 PM

I would like to be able to remove the images completely so I can still use posts on the homepage but have not images or rotating image. How would I do that? I want to be sure I have the answer before I buy this.

Thank you,

Scott

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,398 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hi Scott,

we will provide specific technical instructions in our Remedy technical support forum, it is beyond the scope of our presales support, but don't worry, it's not that complicated and has been done before.

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:59 AM

I there a way to keep the static homepage design but add say the latest 5 posts excerpts to the bottom of the page? I want to be sure I can do these things before I buy. Thank you for your help.

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,398 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hi Scott,

when you look at the front page, all content areas below the the rotating images are widget areas, so these can be populated with content (widgets) you choose, e.g. the Excerpt widget,

hope that helps,
Ronald

#7 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Ok, so are you referring to the excerpt widget:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/post-and-page-excerpt-widgets/

which is only for sidebars or where you just using that as an example?

So anything below the rotating image I can add as widgets? I can add text widget and then under that excerpts from the latest posts using different widgets is that what you are saying?

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,398 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

I mentioned the plugin to indicate that this is a means of adding excerpts of posts to a widget, which was your request. And "Sidebars" in WordPress terms is a bit of an outdated term, and should be read as "a widget-ready area on your page". And yes, you can add multiple widgets to a widget area,

Ronald