Contact buddy quick question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Can I add more than one Recipient email addresses? How? If not possible were are these messages stored on the server?

Thank you!

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:16 AM

moving this to the Contactbuddy support forum

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hello Roland, sorry for posting in a wrong location.

Do you have an answer for this question please?

Thank you very much!

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Hi Leandro, :)

You don't have to be sorry at all; if you post anywhere by accident we'll move it to the right place for you.

Regarding having more than one Recipient email address, simply enter the email addresses separated bycommandin the "Recipient email address" field. I'm attaching an example screenshot.

Posted Image

Does that help?

Regards,

Bes

#5 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:48 PM

Dear Bes, thanks for replying!

I had already tried that but that space it is limited to 45 characters only and my client's email it is already 31 characters long. So I cannot add mine.

Could you suggest something else?

I'm aiming to track how many leads he's getting from my marketing efforts.

Thank you!

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hmmmm that's a very custom request, and involves actual core file edit.

Remember please, if you make any such changes (including other style changes outside the scope of the default plugin), we won't be able to support it if anything bad/evil happens ( http://ithemes.com/codex/page/PluginBuddy#Extra_Customizations ) .

In admin.php file in the classes folder inside the ContactBuddy plugin folder on line 293, change the "45" values (listed twice) to what you would like.

That should do it. Make a backup with BackupBuddy before you do anything. ;)

Regards,

#7 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

WAW Ben! Thank you very much for helping me beyond what is covered in your product!

I'll deffinatelly try this.

I'm very happy with iThemes pruducts and support!

Cheers!

#8 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

Thank you Ben! It worked!!

#9 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:03 PM

Awesome, Leandro! I'm happy to hear that. :)

Added to the Codex: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/ContactBuddy#Customize_ContactBuddy

Regards,

Bes

#10 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

Dear Bes,

The captcha code required in my form is huge, it has two words. Is it possible to reduce it as to make it easyer for visitors.

Also I need it smaller to add the form to a side bar (now it is partially displayed in my 300px sidebar).

Thank you very much!

Leandro.

#11 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for asking about this. Hmmmm, that may actually be a bit hard (not impossible though):

You will have to resize everything, via styling, related to reCaptcha.

Here are some of the classes you can edit and/or copy into your theme's style.css file (you simply edit their width):

recaptcha_area
recaptcha_table
recaptcha_r1_c1
recaptcha_image_cell (the actual reCaptcha image that changes every time)
recaptcha_r3_c2

That's it (it looks hard to me, but that's basically it). If you resize those to the width of your sidebar (or 300px or even 280px), everything should look and appear within the dimensions you want.

Please let me know what you think OR what you come up with.

Regards,

Bes

#12 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hi Bes!

Thank you very much for your quick response!

I'm very new with codding so I was not able to find those classes on the child theme style.css. Sorry about that.

I found_recaptchalib.php incontactbuddy folder (in plugins folder)

In there, I foundwidth=500 many times (but it's like chinese language for me!) and I did not want to mess up with that.

For example:

}

function recaptcha_mailhide_html($pubkey, $privkey, $email) { $emailparts = _recaptcha_mailhide_email_parts ($email); $url = recaptcha_mailhide_url ($pubkey, $privkey, $email); return htmlentities($emailparts[0]) . "<a href='" . htmlentities ($url) . "' onclick="window.open('" . htmlentities ($url) . "', '', 'toolbar=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbar=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,width=500,height=300'); return false;" title="Reveal this e-mail address">...</a>@" . htmlentities ($emailparts [1]);
}

By now, to solve the issue, I installed aFast Secure Contact Form plugin, where I could lower the difficulty ofrecaptcha (5 letters only)but the form is not as pretty as yours (and it's almost transparent which is not very good because receiving an Email from visitors is one of the website's main objectives).

This is my site if you want to have a look.http://tecnomerced.com.ar

Thank you for your interest Bes!

#13 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thanks for the reply!

You can keep a backup of everything, including the ContactBuddy files you are editing, and then making any changes. That way, if anything messes up with ContactBuddy, you'll have a backup you can upload again. The styling class names I mentioned above can be put in your theme's style file (instead of editing the core files).

For example:

#recaptcha_area, #recaptcha_table, #recaptcha_r1_c1, #recaptcha_image_cell, #recaptcha_r3_c2
{ width: 200px; /* or any other width number */ }

Regards,

Bes

#14 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

Dear Bes,

Thank you for your assistance.

I added the code you sent me at the end of the child theme's style.css, but nothing has changed.

I have tried using #recaptcha_area... or .recaptcha_area...and even adding !important

Next week I'm starting a PPC campaign so I'll keep the contactbuddy form (because we love its design) but I will remove capcha by now.

I hope we can solve the issue and if it is not possible... could you pls suggest any other pretty plugin that could adjust to my current need?

Thank you very much for your help and interest.

Have a good week.

Leandro.

#15 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the reply! Hmmmm, going to check into it a bit more. I've filed this as a feature suggestion and will reply here (or someone else will) as soon as there are any updates on this.

It's strange though, because if you do #recaptcha_area { display: none !important; }, it hides the reCaptcha.

I'll (or someone else will) reply here soon to confirm all the classes that you can experiment with to customize for reCaptcha in ContactBuddy, or if this is something we can try to include in future releases as a setting to customize, OR if there's another workaround.

Currently though, by your "current need" you mean a customizable reCaptcha, correct? If so, then I'm not aware of any other plugin that allows you to do that (easily or at all), either. See if you can keep using ContactBuddy for a while please till we have an official answer on what can be done.

Regards, and thanks again!

Bes

#16 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Dear Bes,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I havealsotried #recaptcha_area { display: none !important; } but it did not hide the reCaptcha either.

Anyways, I kept your beautiful contact form but removed the reCaptcha.

I hope not to get loads of spam!

Thank you.

PD: I called this Topic "Contact buddy quick question" and it looks far from Quick! ;) Sorry!

#17 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the reply.

1 : Hmmmm, keep trying with the CSS if you can (if it doesn't work still then it's ok - you don't have to go this route). Check out my example

http://bes.internal.ithemes.com/

You will see the reCaptcha is hidden on the right hand side. I only put the following in my theme's (Americana) css file:

#recaptcha_table
{
display: none;
}
This is just to show that you can try playing with the reCaptcha width and other things.

2 : Yes, I also hope you don't get any spam!

3 : Don't worry about the "quick" title. :)

Whenever (and if) I have any updates on this more, I'll post a reply here.

Regards,

Bes

#18 leatesta

leatesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

Dear Bes,

Thank you very much for all your help! This weekend we are meeting with my team to work on this site. I'll tell you if we can sort it out.

Thank you for your example too... I see what you mean.

Have great weekend! Cheers!