BackupBuddy Site Pricing Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stephanie_*

Guest_Stephanie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

I have a quick question about the pricing for BackupBuddy. You list 2 sites for $75. In my mind I have a single website that I need to move from one hosting server to another server. Do you conisder that one site? Or is it considered 2 sites because the plugin needs to be installed on two separate servers (i.e. live server to development server)? I just want to make sure I'm clear on this, because I am also considering adding a new website. This would be a goodplugin to have on both sites, and I just want to make sure I get the right amount of licenses. Thanks.

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hi Stephanie, :)

Thanks for posting this, and welcome to the PluginBuddy forums!

Your exact situation will be considered ONE (single) site license, since you're ONLY using it on ONE site to make a backup. Your restoration/migration to the 2nd site is happening ONLY for the migration, and you won't be using that other site for a license, so you're overall using one site.

Does that help answer your question?

So basically: any site you install and use BackupBuddy on and generate licenses on = ONE LICENSE each. Any site you restore/migrate to and WON'T use BackupBuddy on EXCEPT to restore that site = NO LICENSE needed (since after the restore/migration BackupBuddy won't be running on that site).

Please let me know. Regards,

#3 Guest_Stephanie_*

Guest_Stephanie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

-Steph

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Let us know if you've any other questions. We'll see you on the other (member's) side soon hopefully! :D

Regards,