BackupBuddy for Wordpress Multisite configured with multi-db

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Kathy Goss_*

Guest_Kathy Goss_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

We are just launching a free wordpress multisite that is set-up with multi-databases (4096) for future scalability. We have a development site that has gotten out of sync with our public site. Is back-up buddy capable of migrating out public site to a development site with our configuration? Would you be willing to help test this out?

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hi Kathy, :)

Thanks for asking about this!

Hmmmm, at this time BackupBuddy and specially the import/restore/migration part of BackupBuddy focuses on working on one single database, so working with so many databases in one Multisite is something I highly doubt will work effectively, or at all, without problems or a lot of time consumption and maybe even full errors in each db import (imagine all the imports!).Such scalability in the plugin itself will need to be planned and implemented on a full level for such a backup and restore to work (for multisites with thousands of multi-databases instead of tables inside one big multisite database).

BackupBuddy works awesomely with Multisite when there is mainly one database involved (with many tables/prefixes in it), so having something like 4096 multi-databases inside a single Multisite is something even a single run of the import OR BackupBuddy side of things will end up thinking "Ok, where's the one database that I'm supposed to work on? One db at a time, people!" Does that make sense?

I hope that answers it for you. Please let me know. (what is the site, btw?)

Regards,

Edited by Bes Zain, 21 September 2011 - 08:12 AM.