Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

BackupBuddy for Wordpress Multisite configured with multi-db

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Kathy Goss_*

Guest_Kathy Goss_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

We are just launching a free wordpress multisite that is set-up with multi-databases (4096) for future scalability. We have a development site that has gotten out of sync with our public site. Is back-up buddy capable of migrating out public site to a development site with our configuration? Would you be willing to help test this out?

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hi Kathy, :)

Thanks for asking about this!

Hmmmm, at this time BackupBuddy and specially the import/restore/migration part of BackupBuddy focuses on working on one single database, so working with so many databases in one Multisite is something I highly doubt will work effectively, or at all, without problems or a lot of time consumption and maybe even full errors in each db import (imagine all the imports!).Such scalability in the plugin itself will need to be planned and implemented on a full level for such a backup and restore to work (for multisites with thousands of multi-databases instead of tables inside one big multisite database).

BackupBuddy works awesomely with Multisite when there is mainly one database involved (with many tables/prefixes in it), so having something like 4096 multi-databases inside a single Multisite is something even a single run of the import OR BackupBuddy side of things will end up thinking "Ok, where's the one database that I'm supposed to work on? One db at a time, people!" Does that make sense?

I hope that answers it for you. Please let me know. (what is the site, btw?)

Regards,

Edited by Bes Zain, 21 September 2011 - 08:12 AM.