HTML Tables in Widgets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nigel_*

Guest_Nigel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:19 PM

I've had problems with text widgets in other themes.  I need to put an HTML table in a widget.  Will I be able to place a table within a text widget with the Flexx Theme?
Thanks!
Nigel

Edited by Nigel, 17 February 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hi Nigel,
widgets, and text widgets is core WordPress functionality. If you couldn't get it to work on another theme, I doubt you will be able to do so on Flexx, since it's not theme related. But it älso depends on what you mean with "I've had problems with text widget". There are several plugins available though that might make things easier.
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Nigel_*

Guest_Nigel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:00 PM

It had something to do with <div> tags.  Images and other simple HTML tags would show up fine.  But, when I tried to put in a table, it wouldn't work.  Putting the table directly in the source code worked, but if I put <div> tags around it, it didn't work.  Widgets use <div> tags.
Not sure this makes a whole lot of sense.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Nigel