Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

I can't enter a subject in COntact Buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

In ContactBuddy Settings:

No matter what I enter for subject, it says in red:

Subject is empty

Please correct the error in order to save changes.

What do you think I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

#2 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hello?

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,738 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

Hi,

apologies for the delay,

Please add a link to your site so we can look into this, and try to deactivate all plugins and see if this still happens, then activate one by one to see when (if at all) the issue occurs,

Also, can you install, activate and run our Serverbuddy plugin (http://pluginbuddy.com/free-wordpress-plugins/serverbuddy/) and check for any fails or warnings as far as file or folder permissions are concerned,

let us know,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hi Dave, :)

Thanks for posting this! As Ronald mentioned, please share your URL and also try seeing if any other plugin is causing the issue.

Also, can you fill out OR use the other options on that ContactBuddy Settings page without any issues?

Regards,

#5 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

Sure. The url is http://www.westernwebenvelope.com/ but I have it password protected on the consumer side.

Changing who the email goes to is the only issue I have has so far, and it let me enter MY email swhen I first started it. Now I want to change that to the client's email.... But no matter what, it says:

Subject is empty

#6 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

I just disabled the password protect.... thanks.

#7 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Hmmm, I checked that page http://www.westernwebenvelope.com/ and it seems ContactBuddy is not being used there (are you using Contact Form 7)?

When I submit the contact form, I get the following error (screenshot):

Posted Image

Regards,

Bes

#8 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

Yes I tried to get the Contact Buddy to work and no matter what I do it says my subject firld is empty. This is unbelievably frustrating.

I simply cant finish this site becasue of something so simple. Do I have to wait here until you get back on this forum or is there a way to dialog w someone?

I also have put in a favicon that shows up on the admin site only. How can I change that on the consumer side.

#9 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

If I have to wait 20 hours to get a reply every time I try to ask a question, that is really ..... not good.

#10 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for following up!

1 :Sorry for the delay! However, that's normal: we don't provide/guarantee support over the weekends, and our usual response time is around 24 business hours for our premium plugins.

This is our official support hours/policy (listed on top of the forums also):

SUPPORT HOURS: iThemes actively responds to forum support requests during our normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central Standard Time, typically within one business day.

Even then, however, we still do our best to be fast (for example, your post above is being replied to now within 7 business hours).

2 :Also, thanks for putting ContactBuddy back up. Before when I checked (as mentioned in my previous reply), you had Contact Form 7 in the sidebar instead, and thus we could not test your issue at all.

3 :I just tested ContactBuddy on your site http://www.westernwebenvelope.com/ and saw no error that said

Subject is empty

Instead, when I submit the contact form, I get the following display:

Posted Image
you can confirm from your end if the message went through or not.

4 :You can test another ContactBuddy form at:

http://bes.internal.ithemes.com/

That's how it works (no issues at all) with no other contact form OR email related plugins installed.

5 :You need to disable/deactivate all other contact form plugins and let ContactBuddy be the only plugin.

For example, right now, I see some styling/coding on your site http://www.westernwebenvelope.com/ from Contact Form 7 (snapshot):

Posted Image

Once Contact Form 7 and every other email/contact-form related plugin is disabled, see if the problem still exists, and let us know. We will then check and see if we can try to duplicate the problem you originally encountered (outlined in #3 above) after every other related plugin has been de-activated.

5 :Regarding your issue ofthe favicon that shows up on admin site only: Are you referring to the Titanium settings? If so, you can post about that separately in the Titanium forums please:

http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/forum/50-titanium/

Hope the above help! Please let us know. Regards (and thanks again for waiting!),

Bes

Edited by Bes Zain, 31 October 2011 - 07:47 AM.

#11 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have my address listed as teh contact address,
but I am trying to change it to david.perkins@westernwebenvelope.com
with "email contact form" as the subject. The change is what it is not
letting me do...

#12 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for the reply.

To clarify, what exactly is happening and where? (please include all the details so we can know more)

1 : You cannot change the "Recipient email address" address in the ContactBuddy admin settings area, is that the place with the error? Inside your WordPress --> Dashboard --> ContactBuddy --> Settings area?

2 : You cannot enter that address when you're using the ContactBuddy form on this page http://www.westernwebenvelope.com/ (I just tried putting david.perkins@westernwebenvelope.com in there and it worked) , is that the place with the error? On the public homepage OUTSIDE of the admin area?

3 : Could you please take a snapshot picture of the entire page/ area where this problem is happening?

4 : What does it tell you when the change doesn't happen? Can it not save? Does it not allow you to put in the email? Is there an error message shown?

#3 above will show and tell us exactly what you're seeing and what the problem is.

Regards,

Bes

#13 Dave Rhea

Dave Rhea

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

I put contact form 7 up so it will be able to function. Getting support here is rediculous. I work with support people all the time with other vendors and through my work. If I had to rely on you guys for support though my work, that business would be out of business. Never. Mind.

#14 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Hi Dave,

Sorry that it didn't work out for you: that's how we do support here though, with thorough details and making sure everything works. Even if it's for a free plugin like ContactBuddy, we do our best to help as much as possible. When other plugins are active at the same time causing a conflict, it becomes hard or next to impossible to be able to see what's going on without de-activating those other plugins first.

If you want to try ContactBuddy in the future, please let us know anytime. Thank you again for being with us!

Regards,

Bes