Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Multisite error showing up with Ajax Comment plugin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 marcdubeau

marcdubeau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

I have a 3.2.1 install and want to use the Ajax plugin on many subsites.  When I go to a comment area all works except the Expand Comment BOx feature.  When clicked (to provide a large screen view), it does not show me the expanded comment but opens a window to my Network home page.  Not sure what to do, let me know if you have any ideas. Can provide login info to site if you need to check.

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hi Marc, :)

Thanks for posting this! Hmmm, let's see:

1 : What is the url where we can test this?

2 : Does this happen to logged in users, guests, or both? (or specific user roles like admins OR editors only, etc)

3 : In your AEC --> Behavior --> Other Features area, what are the 3 settings you have under the "Performance" area?

Could you try playing with those settings? (They are Load Scripts in Footer, Use Compressed Javascript Files, and Load wp-load.php Directly) They may help show the box.

4 : Check out this link: http://bes.internal.ithemes.com/blog/edvard-khil-vocalize-troll-song

That is on a Multisite. Clicking the expand box works there, and for me, I have chosen "No", "Yes" and "No" under the Performance settings.

Regards,

Bes

#3 marcdubeau

marcdubeau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

1 :What is the url where we can test this? cgc1df.teacherportal.ca Can provide login info to help you check for the culprit.

2. Both login and logged out users get the error.

3. Tried playing around with these settings nothing change.d

4. Checked your site, love the video.  Works fine there, hoping to get it working this way on mine.

Thanks M

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hey Marc,

Thanks for the reply! Thanks for sharing the url http://cgc1df.teacherportal.ca (thanks @ #4 video comment lol )

I can definitely see the issue, though for some reason I can't duplicate it from my end on different Multisites.

Let's see:

5 : What is your current permalink structure?

6 : What other plugins do you have? I'm wondering if it's some other plugin that's causing this.

7 : Can you please try disabling all other plugins and then seeing if the problem still exists?

8 : Can you try the latest AEC version 5.0.3 and seeing if it still happens?

Regards,

Bes

#5 marcdubeau

marcdubeau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

Permalink structure is date and time option in wordpress.  I do have a plugin that removes /category/ but even when it is disabled it still acts up.

As well, disabled all plugins network and site wide. Still happens! Not sure why. Can the auto expand feature be disabled somehow? (I have the latest version installed).

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply! That is indeed strange. We're looking into this.

You can go here to disable this feature completely:

AEC --> Behavior --> Other Features --> Expand Options

Choose "No" for both settings listed under Expand Options heading.

That will disable the expand button completely.

Regards,

Bes