Tabber widget problem

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Kelley

Brian Kelley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Webdesign
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with tabber widget. I've used it effectively in the past, but now it's misbehaving. I'm working with Builder Singular theme. See http://www.nursingfacultyshortage.org/co/reference-documents/#tab-tabber_widget-3-1 I've used link library to load a link to certain different link categories in the first two tabs of this tabber widget. The second tab, nursing resources, has the same shortcode as the first for nursing schools, but those links show up in the first tabber, but not the second tabber. I'm using widget content to load the short codes into the tabber. when I click on the second tab, it's like nothing happens. I'm stuck.

thoughts?

best,

Brian

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Hi Brian, :)

Thanks for posting this! Hmmm, this sounds a bit like the other thread where custom shortcodes in TabberWidget were causing issues http://ithemes.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18291-tabber-widget-not-displaying-tab-content/

Ok, let's see... (you can share your answers with the numbers too please)

1 : For Tabber 1, remove the shortcode that's currently there and replace it with random text, any text.

2 : Keep the shortcode in Tabber 2.

3 : Replace the shortcode in Tabber 3 with code.

4 : What's the exact shortcodes you're using? Can you copy paste them here please? (you can put a space after the brackets in the shortcodes, here in your reply, so that they show up properly on the forums).

This will help us see if it's the shortcode itself causing the issue.

Regards,

Bes

#3 Brian Kelley

Brian Kelley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

This is getting wierd ... I created a new tabber on my home page, then loaded each tabber with a single line of text via using a widget content post. Nothing fancy, no shortcodes or anything, just a few text lines. I can see the first tabber, but the others do not show. I reloaded the singular theme, and the tabber widget. I also tried a different theme (Thinner). All same problem. See http://www.nursingfacultyshortage.org/co/ ... help?

Brian

#4 Brian Kelley

Brian Kelley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

Well, I figured it out. I turned off all my plugins, and then brought them back one by one. There's a conflict between the tabber widget and the Smooth NextGen gallery ... when the gallery is turned on, tabber does not work. Something about jquery, I suspect. alas, I need the smooth gallery more on this website than I need tabber, so I'll find a work around ..

Brian

#5 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the follow up and info on what you found, Brian! Really appreciate it.

I've filed this plugin conflict and will post here whenever (if) there is any update on this. The jQuery may be the issue, yes. We'll check from our end to seeif it's something we can and should change from our end.

Regards, and thanks again!

Bes