Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

CSS Style for Tabber Widget

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tmattias_*

Guest_tmattias_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm new to Wordpress and I'm trying to add the Tabber Widget to the home page. However it looks really boring so how do you add the CSS to the file to get it working?

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hi tmattias, :)

Thanks for posting about Tabber Widget.

The styling depends on what you want. What is the url where you have this? What kind of styling are you trying to have?

Some more info on this that can help you get started: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Tabber_Widget

Regards,

Bes

#3 Guest_tmattias_*

Guest_tmattias_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

I'm intending to use the Tabber Widget on the frontpage on the website for a newsfeed. One tab for news, one for future content and one for publications. Similair on what you can find on this website http://www.saferworld.org.uk/

I'm after the tabbed section with Feature and Latest Resources. Is there an easy way to implement this with the Tabber Widget?

Unfortunately the website is not only get and only exsist on my computer so I can not share it with you.

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:24 AM

Thanks for posting the reply.

Hmmm, you can use Tabber Widget for that. What you'll need is another plugin OR something that has shortcodes, and then you put that shortcode into the appropriate tab.

For example, if you have Tabber Widget with 2 tabs,

1 : The first tab will have the shortcode (from your other external plugin/code/etc that you find/use outside of Tabber Widget) that shows the Feature

2 : The second tab will have the shortcode that shows Latest Resources

You can accomplish all of this with Tabber Widget and LoopBuddy ( http://pluginbuddy.com/purchase/loopbuddy/ ) , by the way.

Regards,

Bes

#5 Guest_tmattias_*

Guest_tmattias_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

My plan was to use "category posts" in the different tabs. Shouldn't that work?

The problem for is changing the design, that's what I haven't figured out how to do.

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, if I'm understanding what you mean by "Category Posts" correctly, you can do that as long as the widget is there.

Design wise: you'll have to implement the tabber and then customize the css according to your needs outside of TabberWidget (yourself) in your theme's css file.

Regards,

Bes

#7 Guest_Sxc_*

Guest_Sxc_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:42 PM

Hi, How can I add separators (|) between the different tabs?

Appreciate your help

Thanks,
sxc