Backupbuddy License Clarification Needed asap

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mav_*

Guest_Mav_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

I am thinking of purchasing Backup Buddy and want to clarify the licensing because I am weighing this against another less expensive option.

The license option that I am interested in says it's for 2 sites but that licensing for 2 sites means upgrades and support. Based on that, I am reading it to mean that I can use the backupbuddy plugin for as many sites as I want (for myself and clients) but I would only receive updates and support on 2 sites, is that correct?

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hi Mav, :)

Thanks for posting about this!

To clarify if I understand your question correctly: we issue licenses for each site that BackupBuddy will be installed on (that you purchase a corresponding Membership for). After a license expires, you can continue using BackupBuddy and any of our other plugins on those sites, where you had them installed originally and where you had them licensed, without any issues to the actual plugin. The updates and support on those sites of course will be affected, as you mentioned.

Does that make sense? Please let us know. We would love to have you aboard!

Regards,

Bes

Edited by Bes Zain, 31 October 2011 - 01:00 PM.

#3 cafesociety

cafesociety

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Sync
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:50 AM

Can i ask an additional question please based on the above response,

I purchased a full years developer license which has just expired,

do i now need to buy another year license to install the plugins which i have already purchased on new sites i build ?

regards

Jon

Cafesociety.org

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

Hi Jonathan, :)

Thanks for posting about this!

1 : If your license expired, you can install those plugins you already have on the sites you want. However, you won't be able to get any support nor any upgrades/updates nor any other perks.

2 : Technically, yes, we ask that you please buy another license to install any plugins on new sites OR for sites which were NOT used in your previously expired license. However, because our plugins are GPL, since you already got them, you do NOT need a license to keep on using them currently. #1 applies here.

Is that what you meant to ask? :)

Regards,

Bes