Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Notepad Theme Installation Error

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Just found your Notepad theme. Have tried both the free and discontinued paid version, and get this error.

Warning: fopen(/home/content/82/9987721/html/wp-content/themes/Notepad_101/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/82/9987721/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4339

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/82/9987721/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4342

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/82/9987721/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4345

I am running WP 3.2.1

What could be causing this problem? and how do I fix? Am I missing a dependency?<span> </span>

#2 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:54 PM

Some more problems.

The headshot image doesn't show (seems to be looking to randomly load an image) and the default home text never shows :-(

Hope it can be fixed, because love the theme and would happily pay for it. Why did it get discontinued?

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi,

please add a link to your site so we can look into this,

thanks,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

Thanks Ronad. Site is www.gzlnk.com

Clean WP install, WP 3.2.1

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

You can upload images to the images folder in your theme folder, and by using rotate1.jpg through rotate5.jpg (or just use one), an alternating image will be displayed. But the image the theme is wanting to display (http://www.gzlnk.com/wp-content/themes/Notepad_101/Notepad-BabyBlue/images/rotate3.jpg) does not exist.

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Thanks Ronald. Is there any reason the default text also doesn't display? Why is it pointing to an image that doesn't exist as part of the default install?

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:12 AM

Hi,

what do you mean by "Default text". And note that this is a free theme, and it was one of the first themes by iThemes, developed in a time when WordPress was little more that a blog tool.

The theme has no options or advanced settings you find in the themes iThemes developed over the past 3 years.

It allows you to have an alternating image on your homepage by uploading the images to the images folder in your theme. If you do not want this functionality, you can remove it from the theme code. To do so, go to wp-dashboard > Appearance > Editor and open index.php, and remove this line:

[img]<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/rotate<?php echo(rand(1,5)); ?>.jpg[/img]" />

Ronald

#8 Guest_jay_*

Guest_jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

It would be great if you made it paid again, a really nice design, style and theme. I'd pay! If you have any premium theme with a similar style point me at it and my wallet is open :-)

home_option.php has

"Welcome to the my website - I am glad you are here, and hope you come back often. Feel free to surf around and see if you like what's on my site."

I thought that would display on the homepage as default text?

Thanks for your help

#9 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

It can be easily done using our Builder theme.

To outsource this, you might want to post in our Marketplace or send me a PM.