Icons Not Displaying In Post Comments

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Cripps

Ron Cripps

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

Hi Everyone

I would really like some help in solving this issue. The icons in Ajax Edit Comments do not seem to display on the post page example here â http://www.affiliatexfiles.com/why-become-an-affiliate-marketer/

All I get is the text which is not spaced at all and hard to read with no icons.

Please have a look at the screen shot below...

Posted Image

However when I am in the admin panel â comments section of the site the icons display correctly.

I have this plugin installed on other sites and have had no problems just seems to be this site what am I missing.

Edited by Ron Cripps, 06 November 2011 - 10:43 PM.

Ron CrippsDo Today What Others Won't, To Have Tomorrow What Others Want!Affiliate X Files

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi Ron, :)

Thanks for posting about this. Hmmmm, let's see if we can clarify this more:

1 :
So that screenshot (with the text with no spacing in between) shows up on the front end http://www.affiliatexfiles.com/why-become-an-affiliate-marketer/ BUT not in the wp-admin area, correct?

2 :
Does that happen only for admins ORother registered users also?

3 :
Could you please try de-activating the W3 Total Cache plugin and then seeing if the public side shows the buttons properly? (try the remaining settings while W3 Total Cache is de-activated please, if possible) This will help us see if there's a plugin conflict that we can try to find out and address.

4 :
Which versions of Ajax Edit Comments and WordPress are you using on that site?

5 :
Have you customized the styling in AEC â> Settings â> Appearance â> Styles area?

6 :
Can you try disabling the Colorbox in AEC â> Settings â> Appearance â> Colorbox ?

7 :
Does playing with the 3 options in AEC â> Settings â> Behavior â> Other Features and the 1 option in AEC â> Behavior â> Other Features ?

8 :
What other plugins do you have active at the same time? There may be an Ajax OR jQuery OR comment editing OR even a cache related plugin (besides W3 Total Cache) that may be having a conflict on the front-end.

Let's see what you find withh the above. Thanks!

Regards,

Bes

Edited by Bes Zain, 07 November 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#3 Ron Cripps

Ron Cripps

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Hi Bes,

As soon as I deactivated W3 Total Cache it shows all of the icons on the plublic side of the site. Is there a work around for this as I really would like to keep total cache active if I can.

What I should have also said is that I use amazon S3 to host my files in W3 Total Cache.

Can I exclude Ajax Edit Comments from being included in W3 Total Cache
Ron CrippsDo Today What Others Won't, To Have Tomorrow What Others Want!Affiliate X Files

#4 Ron Cripps

Ron Cripps

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

I have also re-activated w3 Total cache but this time without the CDN and everything seems to be working fine  So if possible is there a work around for the CDn function in W3 Total cache where i can exclude the plugin files from being access via the CDN (S3 Amazon)

I am using version 5.04 of Ajax Edit Comments.

Edited by Ron Cripps, 07 November 2011 - 12:39 PM.

#5 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hi Ron, :)

Thanks for the reply. Ok, glad to know it's with W3 Total Cache.

Now comes the testing part: test the different minify and other options in W3 Total Cache AND #7 above. I can't remember now, but I had similar issues on some sites long time ago (AEC and W3) and I solved it by playing with different combinations. (I played with both plugins, though I'm not sure which exact combination worked). Even if you don't do #7, play with W3 settings, specially the Javascript and minify settings.

Definitely put the W3 Total Cache plugin back up (it's awesmoe), though try testing the different options (try even disabling minify to see if that pinpoints the area you should focus on). Sorry I don't have a more definite answer, but when it comes to W3 Total Cache, every configuration is SO different, it's almost always hard to generalize which setting will work across all sites/servers.

Every server and site is different when it comes to this, so your W3 Total Cache settings will tell you which setting is causing this issue. Test a few things in it please and see how it goes.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Bes

Edited by Bes Zain, 07 November 2011 - 12:45 PM.

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Ooops â following up: Seems like your reply came while I was writing my reply and I completely missed it.

Ok, so you've narrowed it down to CDN : awesome! I'll add this as a plugin/CDN conflict report and will let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Question: which CDN were you using, btw (or what settings)? That will help us see what may be happening or where.

Regards, and thanks again for testing more!

Bes

Edited by Bes Zain, 08 November 2011 - 07:45 AM.