Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Stop removing my custom tabs on updates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gwen Richardson

Gwen Richardson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

I love using tabber widget with my clients websites, and I naturally customize them each time.

I did this by copying the light-rounded css template and renamed it custom-tabs and then play with colours.

Unfortunaately when I upload it into the plugin path everything works as expected until I do a plugin update at which time the custom-tab is removed by the update and I am left with bullets in the tabs and unless I am on top of things and remember, I need to re-upload the custom-tab.css back in to the plugin/tabber-widget/template.

Do you have a solution that would eliminate this extra work and preserve my custom-tabs?

Thanks,

Gwen

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hi Gwen, :)

Thanks for posting this. Hmmm, if I understand you correctly, yes, you can avoid this by putting the changes you're making into your theme's css file. By putting the styling for everything, including plugins, into your theme files OR your custom theme file's css that never or rarely gets overwritten, all your styling will be saved this way.

Hope that helps! Regards,

Bes

#3 Gwen Richardson

Gwen Richardson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

Yes, that would be a good idea except I have no idea how to go about that? Do I just cut and paste the entire custom-tab.css that is in the tabber widget into my theme.css? And that somehow knows how to call it up?

Please verify,

Thanks,

Gwen

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Hi Gwen, :)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, for most of all modern themes, when you put any proper styling in your theme's custom css file (where you put the usual styling that you want), it will work on everything on your website that is displayed on a page with that theme, including plugins.

So when you put the custom styling for Tabber Widget in your theme's css file (or the theme's custom css file where you usually put the styling), it will override the default styling for Tabber Widget.

Regards,

Bes

#5 Gwen Richardson

Gwen Richardson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Ok Bes, that sounds good, I will give that a try!

Thanks again.

Gwen

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Awesome, thanks for the follow-up Gwen! :)

Be sure to copy/paste the styling into your theme's css file (the one you usually put the styling into) at the very end and with commenting if possible. That way, you can remove such parts easily too to change them.

Regards,

Bes