Best iThemes solution for listing real estate from multiple sources? *Urgent* question please

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 vgrace

vgrace

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

Hi folks,

<span style="color: #0000ff">My overall objective is:</span>
to set up a real estate WordPress-based site that can be used for <span style="color: #ff0000">multiple </span>listings i.e. property or real estate from more than 1 source (agent or Realtor)

I was chatting to pre-sales support & they mentioned that you "are coming out with a real estate theme that can be used for multiple listings" on Jan 1.

• Prior to that, what would be the best solution you could offer to achieve that please?
  • I have your iRealEstate theme. How does one bring in listings to that please?
  • Is there an easy solution to track enquiries from propsects on the site?
  • I wondered about using your Display Buddy to show properties on my site.Would that work well in this scenario?
My aim is to show real estate from multiple Realtors / agents on my site.

Any interim solutions that you can suggest with your products prior to your Jan 1 solution mentioned above would be very gratefully received.

Many thanks Posted Image

Vinden

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hi,

this depends more on the tools that the listing providers offer for WordPress than on the theme. iRealEstate does not import any listings whatsoever, it is a theme designed to create a realestate site, but it does not include specific listings functionality,

So I suggest you check with the providers, and their instructions on how to implement their code to show the listings. Preferably something aimed at doing so in WordPress,

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 vgrace

vgrace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hi Ronald,

Many thanks for the very quick reply.
Much appreciated.

As an interim solution, or perhaps a better solution to give me choice over which properties I display ;-)
is there a beta of your new real estate theme available please that I could 'play' (experiment) with?!

If I use iRealEstate:

• Is there an easy solution to track enquiries from prospects on the site?
  • I wondered about using your Display Buddy to show properties on my site.Would that work well in this scenario?
Many thanks for any guidance or tips you can give.

Best wishes,

Vinden

#4 Susan & Ian Hope

Susan & Ian Hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hi Vinden,

Quite a few WordPress real estate sites use the dsIDXpress IDX Plugin to integrate multiple listing service (MLS) data for embedding live real estate listings. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/dsidxpress/

Here are a few examples of WordPress/iThemes Builder sites that use IDX/MLS to support property listing/search functionality.

http://www.arlingtonhousingreport.com/
http://www.findcarealestate.com/
http://www.realestateblogsonline.com/

Hope that might give you some ideas.

Cheers,
Sue

#5 Charleen Green

Charleen Green

Sales

• Moderators
  • Others: Accordion, Administrators, All Plugins, All Themes, Builder, Webdesign
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Hi Sue:

Thank you so much for giving us examples of Ithemes Builder Real Estate sites that use the MLS. I am asked for examples often.

Have a nice Holiday.

Char

#6 Susan & Ian Hope

Susan & Ian Hope

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hi Char,

You're welcome.Posted Image

Just as an observation, implementing the dsIDXpress IDX Plugin is relatively straightforward, but there can be quite a lot of effort involved in setting up the necessary shortcode parameters for displaying pre-configured search results (eg display listings by geographic areas, ZIP codes, price ranges, property types, sale/rental, foreclosures/short sale etc etc).

The other thing to bear in mind is that the client must be an active member with a multiple listing service (MLS), so only genuine real estate agents and brokers are able to access a live MLS list. And, as one might expect, access to the live listings is something that the providers make a charge for.

Anyhow, all things considered, the real estate market offers a great opportunity for providing WP/Builder solutions.

Cheers,
Sue

#7 vgrace

vgrace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

Hi Sue,

That's very intriguing!

Thank you so much for your input.