Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Website I created for a biofuel company

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 needforname

needforname

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNashville Tn

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:51 AM

Here is a link to the biofuel website I created: http://www.midtnbiofuels.com. As you can tell, the site is very simple and clean. Unfortunately there aren't really any builder child themes that are unbranded and very bare bones, so I had to spend a lot of time making aesthetic change.

One of the structural changes that I made was to put the menu to the right of the logo. If I remember correctly, this isn't a default option in builder, a manual modification must be made. I'm not sure why this isn't a standard feature since the logo on left/menu to the right is a common layout...but it sure would be nice if more of the themes were constructed this way.

Anyway, I wouldn't have been able to build the site without builder, so that was cool. I would love to hear people's opinion on the site. I know it's not going to win any awards, but I was going for clean and simple.

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:01 AM

Unfortunately there aren't really any builder child themes that are unbranded and very bare bones

http://demos.ithemes.com/foundation-blank/

Builder Child Theme - Default

May be not 100% bare bones, but should give you a good start.

One of the structural changes that I made was to put the menu to the
right of the logo. If I remember correctly, this isn't a default option
in builder, a manual modification must be made. I'm not sure why this
isn't a standard feature since the logo on left/menu to the right is a
common layout but it sure would be nice if more of the themes were
constructed this way.

This is pretty easy to do by using a HTML module with 1 left sidebar. You would place the logo in a widget in the left sidebar and use PHP code to display a custom menu in the HTML module's element.

See http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BuilderChild-Default#How_to_place_nav_bar_to_the_right_of_logo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users