Am I stuck in a lifetime subscription with ithemes?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 needforname

needforname

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

I'm a little confused here, maybe someone can clear this up for me. Maybe it will be easiest to start with a hypothetical.

Lets say in 2 years I decide that ithemes and builder is not right for me. I dunno, maybe I find a more useful tool for building wordpress websites. What happens with the websites I created using builder, it's style manager, and plugins? Will I still be able to modify the sites I created as I would any other wordpress site, without the use of builder, etc? What remains editable? Is builder required to make future edits to those sites?

I have no plans of leaving ithemes any time soon, but this does have me a bit worried, thinking I'm almost forced into a lifetime subcription whether I like it or not. Please tell me this isn't the case. I currently don't mind paying the costs, but if for whatever reason builder becomes obsolete, having to pay $200 a year for the sole purpose of keeping one or two existing builder created sites updated would be a big letdown and financial loss.

This brings up another concern...what if for whatever reason iThemes goes out of business in a few years. What aspects of builder created websites would still be editable?

Thanks for any response

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

You can continue to use our products even after your subscription expires.

Active subscription is needed to download the up-to-date versions of files (themes/plugins etc.) and get support.

#3 needforname

needforname

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Sridhar.