Remove post dates and comment box

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Huddy_*

Guest_Huddy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hello,  I'd like to ask if your themes like The Builder theme or Blogging Success theme allows you to turn off the post date and the comment box?  I want to make sites that look like websites and don't want the post date and the comment box below. Do your premium themes have customizations on these settings?To make it clear, what I mean is to have pages to NOT show post dates and do not have the comment box appear at the bottom of content(not comments off, I want the comment fuction not visible)
Thanks, Huddy

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hi Huddy,
this can be done, there's no button or setting to turn it on or off, but with a few simple changes, guided by our moderators on the forum this can be achieved easily.
Pages in general do not have the comments enabled, posts (weblog entries) do.
Hope this clarifies,Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Huddy_*

Guest_Huddy_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:33 AM

Thanks Ronald,

Just to make sure.......Is there support for whichever theme I'm going to buy? I haven't decided which theme yet but all I want to make sure is that I'll get the support I need to remove post date and the comment function and make sites that look like websites.

Regards, Huddy

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,393 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hi Huddy,
yes, we will provide such support, with clear instructions on which modifications are required where. And you will receive support for all premium (paid for) themes (support on the free themes we expect to be a community effort, but we'll also have a look, time permitting).
To get an idea of the support iThemes provides, have a look at our "old" forum, which is publicly accessible.
Hope this clarifies, and satifies,Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.