Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

Using Backupbuddy With Wpmudev's Multi-Db?

Multi-DB multisite

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 philesq

philesq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

I believe I posted my question in the wrong area, but I can't find it to delete it.  My question is whether BackupBuddy will back up multiple databases with a multisite installation which uses WPMUDEV's Multi-DB (http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db) with 16 databases?

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Moving this topic to Pre-sales and other inquiries forum.

#3 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,912 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

Hi Philip

Thanks for your enquiry.

BackupBuddy does not currently support multiple databases.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#4 Guest_Blake Moore_*

Guest_Blake Moore_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

Is this a feature that is planned on being included? Would be a huge Plus for me as i specifically bought backupbuddy for transitioning sites in and out of the multisite environment. In the mean time i am going back to a single database until our network reaches 100+ blogs.

#5 skyrocket

skyrocket

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

Argh!  Just bought BackupBuddy this weekend since there was all the news about finally supporting Multisite.  We use the Multi-DB plugin (and many other users use the Hyper-DB plugin) to separate larger Multisite installs into 16 different databases.

A big +1 for supporting multiple databases! Unfortunately, I think BackupBuddy is useless to us until then.

#6 skyrocket

skyrocket

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

After doing some more research, I remembered that my team has developed a simple PHP exec backup script that works with multiple databases (i.e. the Multi-DB plugin from WPMU DEV).

The code can easily be adapted to work with BackupBuddy.  I'm willing to share the code and work with your developers to make this happen quickly.  Please contact me directly or send a PM.  Thanks.

#7 pxjenkins

pxjenkins

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

Has there been any progress on this please? I have purchased BackupBuddy and am at the stage where I wish to deploy Multi-DB before installing loads of plugins. What do I need to do to ensure all the databases are backed up? Thanks in advance for a quick reply!

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,387 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:35 AM

Hi,

this is a presales forum. Since you have purchased Backupbuddy, please post your request in the Backupbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#9 jantsu78

jantsu78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Is multi-db now supported? I need to know before i buy it.

#10 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 18,547 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hi Jarski,

BackupBuddy does not currently support multiple-database.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#11 skyrocket

skyrocket

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

For those interested, I've been in contact with the BackupBuddy developers regarding support for Multi-DB, and there is a thread going about it already here:
http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/21483-req-support-for-using-multiple-databases-multi-db-or-hyper-db-plugins/

#12 jantsu78

jantsu78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:41 AM

skyrocket, i donĀ“t have permissions for that topic for some reason...?!?  -> "You do not have permission to view this topic."

#13 skyrocket

skyrocket

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

@Jarski - probably because this is a pre-sales forum, and the link I gave above is for members only (i.e. people who have bought BackupBuddy). I'll post here if and when there is an update to BB to use Multi-DB