#1 Lee Roberts

Lee Roberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

Quickly nixed my old fitness center site and created a new one using Builder with Blueprint child theme.  Check it out at www.newimagefitness.com.  Feedback, suggestions welcomed!  

Note - currently using prestoform for online selling, but would love to hear recommendations on other VERY simple e-commerce platforms that play well with WP.

#2 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

You might want to remove h4 tags wrapping around the list items (Ex. around "24/7/365 Access – Including Holidays!"), instead try wrapping the ul element with h4.

Note - currently using prestoform for online selling, but would love to hear recommendations on other VERY simple e-commerce platforms that play well with WP.

Try Shopp.

See http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Plugin_related_and_other_generic_customizations_2#How_to_set_up_Shopp_in_iThemes_Builder

#3 Lee Roberts

Lee Roberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

Thank you.  I believe I follow your suggestion of removing the h4 tags around the bullet points.  I actually only did this because I was attempting the make the text large than the default paragraph text and wasn't sure how to so so otherwise.  Any suggestions?

#4 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:05 PM

can be done by adding the following at the end of child theme's style.css:

#post-4 li {
	font-size: 1.2em;
}

#5 Lee Roberts

Lee Roberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Thank you ... I actually plan to start playing with the style manager after I get the structure of the site a bit further along.

#6 nathansimpson

nathansimpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

Hello, I'm not soliciting but was excited to se another Fitness Website built with builder... I developed this site - all graphics and entire theme was built custom. I'm a newbie and this was not built with builder but i plan to try and recreate the site with builder with a few improvements. What i think your site has that mine needs is more good quality content, staff and videos!!! You have great content and your site will surely do well because of it ! Keep up the good work work and I hope we can continue to communicate and I provide advise for each other as we grow our businesses with builder and the ithemes community!

#7 nathansimpson

nathansimpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

oops ! site link http://wwwbendersgym.com

#8 Lee Roberts

Lee Roberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Very cool - thanks for sharing!  I too am a newbie when it comes to building sites and have found ithemes in general and Builder in particular very helpful in my quest to have greater control over my sites.  I am an entrepreneur, and as such not only own multiple small businesses, but have changes to those business constantly.  That's why I began using Word Press ... just got sick of having to contact a web designer every time I needed a change!  That said, as happy as I am with Builder, iThemes, WordPress, etc. - I wish I had the technical skills to make my sites look and work a bit better.  But overall, very happy.  Yes - stay in touch!

And on a side note, not sure how the members check in to Bender's Gym, but another company I own sells barcoded keytags at very competitive prices.  Site was built using Builder as well ... check it out and please pass along my information if Bender's Gym is interested in speaking to me about custom barcoded keytags!  That site is at http://www.keytagclub.com

#9 nathansimpson

nathansimpson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostLee Roberts, on 10 June 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Very cool - thanks for sharing!  I too am a newbie when it comes to building sites and have found ithemes in general and Builder in particular very helpful in my quest to have greater control over my sites.  I am an entrepreneur, and as such not only own multiple small businesses, but have changes to those business constantly.  That's why I began using Word Press ... just got sick of having to contact a web designer every time I needed a change!  That said, as happy as I am with Builder, iThemes, WordPress, etc. - I wish I had the technical skills to make my sites look and work a bit better.  But overall, very happy.  Yes - stay in touch!

And on a side note, not sure how the members check in to Bender's Gym, but another company I own sells barcoded keytags at very competitive prices.  Site was built using Builder as well ... check it out and please pass along my information if Bender's Gym is interested in speaking to me about custom barcoded keytags!  That site is at http://www.keytagclub.com

We use fingerprint and password/code system for more security and idenity purposes being that we are a 24/7 gym it goes along way knowing the person beside you is actually a member at 2am - : )

I'm working on creating network site with multisite another key feature you will enjoy with wordpress is multisite and domain mapping - allows you to keep all your business under one roof and one hosting account and one wordpress install - this allows you to easy navigate between sites and even add new sites in case you open new gym in new location... Been playing with this for a week now and testing backup buddy with duplicating sites and adding new sites with click of a button then simply mapping a domain name to them - fun easy and awesome!!!! Now each gym can have their own wordpress site and the super admin can control all under one dashboard!

Hope this makes sense and I am in need of sleep! : ) i'll keep in touch and post more and in detail when time allows!

thanks! !!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theme showcase, builder, blueprint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users