Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

About Ajax Edit Comment

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:34 PM

Hello. I'm very interested in your Ajax Edit Comments plugin, but I need few questions answered before I make the purchase. The reason why I want this plugin is to allow my site visitors to comment without having to reload the page every time they comment. It's a hassle on the part of the commenter and waste of bandwidth on my part.

Now, I tested it on your demo page but disappointingly I've found the page still reloads even with your plugin installed. I know it does spell check, allow edit, and some other extra features, but is it possible to allow comments be shown and made without having to reload the page like the default wordpess system? I mean, I thought the whole Ajax comment was supposed to be that.

Another question I have is why the demo has the word 'Comment' and the spell check graphic overlapping one another. Is that some sort of a bug? Also, is the Arras wordpress theme supported? I know for a fact that Arras has problems working with several plugins, but that's the theme I'm using.

Lastly, wordpress will soon be releasing the 3.3 update, will this plugin be updated? Once you purchase the plugin, how long will it be supported?

Thanks for your time.

#2 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

I forgot to add one important question. Will the search engines be able to crawl the comments? I know some past ajax comment plugins had problems with allowing comments to be indexed and that's a big problem in terms of SEO.

#3 Guest_Lee Leslie_*

Guest_Lee Leslie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:22 AM

We use Ajax Edit Comments on a few of our Wordpress sites. One of which (http://likethedew.com), I recently moved our commenting to Disqus. Before doing so, I read that it would still function, but it does not. Does it work with Disqus? If yes, any ideas on what could be causing it not to work?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,775 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi @Guest_lee_leslie,

please sign in with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the Ajax Edit Comments forum,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting this.

1 : Hmmmm, currently, Ajax Edit Comment focuses on comment enhancement, and not an ajax page refresh. Ajax Edit Comments works on the editing of the comments, as the name shows.

There are some other Ajax comment refresh related plugins which allow you to do that ( on www.wordpress.org ).

2 : The overlap of the spell check graphic and the Comment is just the styling of that actual theme. It's not a bug (since it works on so many other sites).

3 : AEC aims to work on any theme, and has some theme compatibility options. If AEC doesn't work on some theme by default, those options can be modified to try and get the output to be shown. If that still doesn't work, we can file a bug report and work on it as soon as possible.

4 : You will be provided support for the plugin as long as your plugin membership is active. Is that what you meant to ask regarding the WP 3.3 update?

Regards,

Bes