Church Plant Site Using City Church

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Dobrowolski

Rick Dobrowolski

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:07 PM

I just recently finished the main workings of our church plant site - allentownbiblechurch.com utilizing the City Church theme.

We are not publicly launching our church until the end of January, so if you can find any flaws in our website help would be appreciated.

~ Rick

#2 Guest_brenda bodden_*

Guest_brenda bodden_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:55 AM

Hey Rick,

Hope you have thick skin. Checked out the website.
  • It is very bland. My solution.....add more pics and graphic elements. Don't be afraid to use color.
  • It is hard to read. Font size is too small.
  • Church is a people place. Use happy people to welcome visitors to draw them into the other pages.
  • Add a favicon to finish off your work.
  • Change your page links. For example for the "About" page you have: http://allentownbiblechurch.com/?page_id=19. Customize the link so that it reads: http://allentownbiblechurch.com/about
Just my opinion. I am new but Builder makes me look good. Check this out. www.kennedyfuneralhome.net

Learning as I go.
B

#3 wicho696

wicho696

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationTexas, USA

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:45 AM

Awesome church site! what child theme did you use?

View PostRick Dobrowolski, on 07 December 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

I just recently finished the main workings of our church plant site - allentownbiblechurch.com utilizing the City Church theme.

We are not publicly launching our church until the end of January, so if you can find any flaws in our website help would be appreciated.

~ Rick

#4 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

BuilderChild-City-Church

#5 Rick Dobrowolski

Rick Dobrowolski

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

B, thanks for your feedback. I have thick skin. :smile: I'm also not a web designer by any stretch of the imagination and can't wait to turn the site over to someone else. I got a favicon up and now I'm trying to figure out how to change the page links.

We just started meeting in the facility we will be utilizing, so I should start having pictures up soon. I agree with your suggestion, but I wanted to wait until we had pictures of our own people.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get the font bigger. It seems to be a default in the City-Church theme.

#6 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts
  • LocationBangalore, India

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

Rick: Post in Builder support forum if you haven't already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users