Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Contactbuddy Fields

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 carpendg

carpendg

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

Hello to all,

First, I would like to thank iThemes.com for their awesome Builder product platform.  I purchased it and got my Wordpress-based blog site up and running with amazing speed and ease!

I have a question about the ContactBuddy plugin.  I'd like to know if there is a simple way to edit that widget to remove or modify the fields that are presented on the page.  For reference, my page is at http://damoncarpenter.com (still a work in progress!).  Is there a way to modify the fields in ContactBuddy to remove the message and subject fields?  I really only need the name and email address fields to manage a list of email subscribers to my newsletter.

Thanks for all your help!

DC

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,077 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

moving this to the Contactbuddy support forum,

Also, check the Codex for more information, and you can use the search function when in the Contactbuddy forum, there are similar questions (and answers) that may help,

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 carpendg

carpendg

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for moving this thread, Ronald.  I didn't find the ContactBuddy folder while searching around.

I looked at prior messages in this subforum, and I have found two previous requests for information on how to modify/delete fields.  Neither of those threads contained any answers to the questions.  I did, however, enjoy finding the answer to how to reduce the size of the message box by adding some end-of-theme CSS code.

So, is there a way to delete or change the fields in the ContactBuddy widget?  If not, I can just move on to find another way to do what I need.

Thanks again to all for your help and support!

DC

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,077 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

the only way to add or remove fields is to hack the core plugin code, which is a) not recommended and B) will prevent you from being able to upgrade the plugin if required. So of course there is always a way, but perhaps and in all honesty, you may be better off trying one of the other contact form plugins.

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 carpendg

carpendg

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:47 PM

Thanks, Ronald!  Though it doesn't help me make the change, it's very helpful to know that I'm not barking up the wrong tree and wasting my time.

I appreciate the candid answer, and I'll think about another way to use the form (or a different one).

DC