Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Important Security Update for All iThemes Customers - please read this

Pop-Up Not Appearing When You Try To Edit A Comment

colorbox aec ajax edit comments pop-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 wpblogsites

wpblogsites

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

When you click on edit you are taken to a basic page which displays the edit form, instead of a pop up box appearing with the edit form in it.  What am I doing wrong?

I've disabled and enabled the colorbox option and I've played with all of the performance options as well with no luck.

I am not running a cache plugin or another light box plugin.

thanks!

#2 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hi Sandra, :)

Thanks for posting this, and welcome to the forums!

First, try this please:

AEC --> Settings --> Behavior --> Other Features --> Performance

Play with the 3 settings under Performance (set them to Yes or No). That should yield different results (or start working).

Second, what is your url where we can test this?

Regards,

Bes

#3 wpblogsites

wpblogsites

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome.

I tried all possible combinations as below, and nothing worked. :(
- 1 checked off (all 3 combinations)
- 2 checked off (all combinations)
- all 3
- none

The site is a membership site and only members can see and input comments.

Any other suggestions?

#4 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for the reply. Hmmmm, that does make it hard to see what may be happening. However, try this:

1 : On the page where AEC is loading (with the comments and comment box), view the source code: do you see any multiple (more than one) mentions of "jquery"?

2 : Which other plugins do you have? Some plugin MAY be causing a conflict with AEC (one of the biggest reasons AEC pop-up doesn't show) and related to #1 above.

3 : If you go to Appearance --> Themes, and "Preview" a theme, you can navigate to the comments section OR a single post inside the preview, while logged in as an admin. In any other theme (even TwentyEleven), does the pop-up work?

Regards,

Bes

#5 wpblogsites

wpblogsites

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

1. Yes I see a few from WP installation and a jquery for each and every comment on the page.

2. Plugins:

Audit Trail
Author Highlight
CForms
Comments Status
Disable Admin Bar
Disable Trackbacks
Easy Comment Uploads
Embedded Stock Data
Exclude Pages from Navigation
Executable PHP Widget
Get Author's Comments
Mark Unread Comments
Moderate Selected Posts
Search Everything
Show Unread Comments
Simple Press Forum
Stock Quotes Stock
Quote Sidebar
Subscribe to comments
Theme my login
Twitter Tools
Twitter Tools bit.ly urls
Widget Logic
WishList Member
WordPress Database Backup
WordPress Thread Comment
WP-Copy Protect
WP-Optimize
WP-Print
WP NotePad

3. When I click "edit" to edit the comment it reverts back to the active theme so I could not test it.

#6 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the reply.

1 : Could you please share the links for those jquery calls (you can copy/paste the full jquery link lines so we can see the full exact url - make sure you copy them all please)

2 : #1 above will give us more ideas, though to begin with, try deactivating just temporarily these ones (there could be more, though I'm starting with these) : WP-Optimize, cForms, Easy Comment Uploads, Mark Unread Comments, Get Author's Comments, Show Unread Comments (unless this is admin only), and definitely WordPress Thread Comments.

4 : This is an old version, though if you have a chance to test it, see if this works (this will let us know if it's a version issue OR something outside the plugin): http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-ajax-edit-comments/

Regards,

Bes

#7 wpblogsites

wpblogsites

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

<p>1. &lt;div id=&#39;comment-undo-83716&#39; class=&#39;aec-undo&#39; style=&#39;background: none&#39;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;edit-comment-admin-links-no-icon &quot; id=&quot;edit-comment-admin-links83716&quot; style=&quot;background: none&quot;&gt;&lt;a title=&#39;Comment Editor&#39; href=&#39;http://newworldinvestor.com/?aec_page=comment-editor.php&amp;#038;action=editcomment&amp;#038;cid=83716&amp;#038;pid=6959&amp;#038;_wpnonce=1f5cff086e&amp;#038;height=525&amp;#038;width=620&#39; onclick=&#39;return jQuery.ajaxeditcomments.edit(this);&#39; id=&#39;edit-83716&#39;&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec-icons edit-comment&#39;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec_link_text&#39;&gt;Edit&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;a title=&#39;Trash&#39;  href=&#39;http://newworldinvestor.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=deletecomment&amp;#038;pid=6959&amp;#038;cid=83716&amp;#038;_wpnonce=88b41543a0&#39; onclick=&#39;jQuery.ajaxeditcomments.delete_comment(this); return false;&#39; id=&#39;delete-83716&#39;&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec-icons delete-comment&#39;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec_link_text&#39;&gt;Trash&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br style=&#39;clear:left&#39; /&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;p class=&quot;thdrpy&quot;&gt;[&lt;a href=&quot;javascript:void(0)&quot; onclick=&quot;movecfm(event,83716,1,&#39;Michael Murphy&#39;);&quot;&gt;Reply&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<div>&lt;div class=&quot;reply&quot;&gt;</div>
<div>&lt;/div&gt;</div>
<div>&lt;/div&gt;</div>
<div>&lt;/li&gt;</div>
<div>&lt;/div&gt;</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks. I will try #2 and #3 on the weekend when the site&#39;s traffic is lower and so it will be less disruptive.</div>

#8 wpblogsites

wpblogsites

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

<p> </p>
<div><span>
</span>
<div><span>&lt;div id=&#39;comment-undo-83716&#39; class=&#39;aec-undo&#39; style=&#39;background: none&#39;&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;edit-comment-admin-links-no-icon &quot; id=&quot;edit-comment-admin-links83716&quot; style=&quot;background: none&quot;&gt;&lt;a title=&#39;Comment Editor&#39; href=&#39;http://newworldinvestor.com/?aec_page=comment-editor.php&amp;#038;action=editcomment&amp;#038;cid=83716&amp;#038;pid=6959&amp;#038;_wpnonce=1f5cff086e&amp;#038;height=525&amp;#038;width=620&#39; onclick=&#39;return jQuery.ajaxeditcomments.edit(this);&#39; id=&#39;edit-83716&#39;&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec-icons edit-comment&#39;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec_link_text&#39;&gt;Edit&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;a title=&#39;Trash&#39;  href=&#39;http://newworldinvestor.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=deletecomment&amp;#038;pid=6959&amp;#038;cid=83716&amp;#038;_wpnonce=88b41543a0&#39; onclick=&#39;jQuery.ajaxeditcomments.delete_comment(this); return false;&#39; id=&#39;delete-83716&#39;&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec-icons delete-comment&#39;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span class=&#39;aec_link_text&#39;&gt;Trash&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br style=&#39;clear:left&#39; /&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;p class=&quot;thdrpy&quot;&gt;[&lt;a href=&quot;javascript:void(0)&quot; onclick=&quot;movecfm(event,83716,1,&#39;Michael Murphy&#39;);&quot;&gt;Reply&lt;/a&gt;]&lt;/p&gt;</span></div>
<div><span>&lt;div class=&quot;reply&quot;&gt;</span></div>
<div><span>&lt;/div&gt;</span></div>
<div><span>&lt;/li&gt;</span></div>
<span>
</span></div>

#9 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

You should have gotten an email from iThemes regarding Ajax Edit Comments by now. Please let me know if you haven't received it yet, and I'll have it forwarded to you.

Regards,

Bes