Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

information

Can We Place A Tabber Widget On A Page?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 marketingwizard

marketingwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:40 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if we can place a tabber widget on a page and if so, how.
Thank you,
D'vorah

#2 neil040

neil040

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hi, I have done that using a plugin called Widgets on Pages, once installed it allows you to use a shortcut on a page to display a widget anywhere

Neil

#3 marketingwizard

marketingwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Fantastic, thank you! I've installed the plugin and viewed the settings tab but do not see any way to create specific tabbed sections?

#4 neil040

neil040

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Sorry I thought you already had the Tabber Widget plugin, that is what you need to create tabbed content in a widget.  The Widget on Pages would allow you to place that tabbed widget into the body of a page/post as opposed to into a sidebar, so you have more space basically.

As I have done here on one of my own sites http://www.galwaywebworks.com/video-services/

#5 neil040

neil040

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Just a clarification on that D'vorah, was a while ago I set that page, I actually didn't use the widget on pages there but put the tabber into a widget bar on that page without any content area.  That was before I found the widget on pages plugin which should do the same thing but using the content area of the page, so more than one way to achieve a similar result, depends upon what other content is wanted on the page I guess.

Neil

#6 marketingwizard

marketingwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thanks so much Neil! - Ok I was able to pull in the widgets to the tabber widget in the dashboard appearance/widgets area.

I am pulling in the code from the tabber widget.

I see in the instructions on the plugin page - that they recommend a different shortcode. I'm guessing that will lead to different designs?

[widgets_on_pages id=x]

But there is no ID # listed for the created tabbed widgets?

THANK YOU this is going to be a great way to provide more content in segments.
D'vorah

#7 neil040

neil040

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

You are welcome D'vorah.

The first widget on pages just uses (#1 Widgets on Pages sidebar. Use shortcode "[widgets_on_pages]"), so no ID required if just the one instance it seems.

So as I understand it, you would first create a tabber widget group with however many tabs you want.  Then in widgets area at the top of the page (I think) you put whatever widgets into those tabs, such as widget content or in my case, in that example above, text widgets with the embedded videos.

Then you would add the tabber widget into the widget on pages widget, and then select the tabber group you created.

Then on any page/post content area add the shortcode where you want the tabber to appear.

Does that sound right?

Neil

#8 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the question D'vorah, :) , and yes Neil, that sounds about right (thanks also for helping!). :)

The Widgets on Pages plugin's ID number is the id number of the widget places in your widgets sidebar.

Regards,

Bes

#9 bcaraway

bcaraway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Webdesign
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:13 AM

Did I dream it or do I remember Benjamin saying that he had a way to post a widget anywhere on your site, not just in the designated widget areas?

I tried to find it but can't seem to locate it so maybe I did dream it.

#10 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,121 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi Bruce,

check this post on the WebDesign.com forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/21630-free-plugin-for-everyone

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#11 bcaraway

bcaraway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Webdesign
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the sanity check, Ron!