Getting Backup Buddy Support

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dean_*

Guest_Dean_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:40 PM

I bought Backupbuddy two months ago and everything is mostly working.  But now I need to know how the date code works on the backup files. I can't remember usernames or password that were used to set it up, all I have is the receipt which doesn't have any of that information.  How can I get onto the forum for support and/or is that information documented somewhere?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,970 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hi,

You received an e-mail with your username and password after purchase, with that you got access to the membership page to download the product you purchased. You can use the same username and password to access the Backupbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

Does that help?
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_scott fisk_*

Guest_scott fisk_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

I'm trying to get the ftp backup to work in backup buddy and it keeps saying "FAILURE UNABLE TO CONNECT". I'm certain I'm putting in the correct username and password. It does tell me "incorrect username/password" when I don't. Any ideas?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,970 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

please sign in with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the Backupbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

thanks,
Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Guest_Terry_*

Guest_Terry_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

I have an interesting scenario. My WP Thesis based website has locked me out of going into it via ADMIN login.

Fortunately, I have a current FULL backup  made with BackUp Buddy & FTP access to the directories. How can I restore my files without logging into ADMIN of my wordpress domain?

Any refs to online tutorials or articles is greatly appreciated.

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,970 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi,

please sign in with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the the Backupbuddy support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/74-backupbuddy/

thanks,
Ronald

#7 Guest_Jessica_*

Guest_Jessica_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

I am having  a different problem after I purchased Backup Buddy.  I never received an e-mail with my username and password.  I purchased it yesterday, I have the order number if needed.
Thanks for you help.

#8 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,970 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

@Jesicca,

please send an e-mail to sales@ithemes.com, they should be able to help out,

Ronald

#9 Guest_Todd Plager_*

Guest_Todd Plager_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

My username and password are not recognized when I try to sign-in to the forum. Any suggestions? Thanks!

-Todd

#10 Guest_Kalia_*

Guest_Kalia_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I can't get in to the forum- although i can get in to the member panel- i've got backup buddy and need help with the backup not being emailed to me!!!

#11 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 29,970 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi,

this should be resolved, and you should have received an e-mail.

apologies for the inconvenience,
Ronald

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

when are you going to fix /  update the dropbox API, when you try sign in to dropbox we are told thats this is an old api, & it does not connect.
Also when will the ftp sign in to accounts be fixed. godaddys ftp does not work with backup buddy so i read.

also will you be adding any more options to save, because there is only amazon , ftp, email (which we all know is crap) dropbox does not work, & the other you have to sign up for, & if you do not have a business, you can't set up an account i hear.

if you have any news on these fixes i would be looking to buy a backup buddy.